Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's this for a yoke repair . . .

this is the standard of repair i can do on an X-Yoke should anyone in the UK need one repairing

the yoke is 0.020 off being perfectly flat after a weld with a Zero-3000 tigtronic.

this was a fatigue crack i found that hadnt broken

this was the main break that made me change the yoke

the bearing fitted straight back into the recess with no fettling of the hole.
    Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Re: How's this for a yoke repair . . .

hey good job kust becareful though i have done this before and fout it to be a new weak spot for the yole an idea would be to weld a sister piece in the recess to add a little more strngth

Comment

Nice job.

Comment

that was done with a welder that you can dial in the waveform you want and program it to the exact material grade and thickness, i have never had one fail yet (welder was in the region of $20,000 at current exchange UK-US rate)
        Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

Very nice work indeed.
          "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Just a note my other trade is a certified welder. With aluminun the more heat you put into it the softer it becomes. Sure would like to borrow your welder it's a sweet machine. My exfather inlaw had a welding shop and I used a nice aluminum wire welder. It let you get in and out quicker than tig. But now all I got is an oxy act, and a old A/C welder. Oh by the way NICE JOB WELDING don't think you have any worries. Later chief

Comment

Nice! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
              All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Wow, you've got a lot to be proud of! Bet it will be there for many generations to use.

Comment

Originally posted by jez:
                  that was done with a welder that you can dial in the waveform you want and program it to the exact material grade and thickness, i have never had one fail yet (welder was in the region of $20,000 at current exchange UK-US rate)
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So you're saying the equipment was the reason the weld is so nice, huh? I knew having expensive tools was more important than knowing how to use them... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Just bustin' on ya, bud... hell of a nice job. My dad was an A welder (he built steam boilers for power plants), I learned it from him... I can appreciate the skill it takes to run a clean bead like that on aluminum. Great work!
                  <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Beautiful work Jez. Welding aluminum is very tricky so I leave it up to the pro’s. To bad you’re located so far or I’d send my work to you.

Triac

Comment

All I have to work with is a 30 year old 100 amp buzz box that's seen 4-5 different centers.

If I could have.... I would have stolen the huge Miller TIG machine out of the Hilton a few years ago. I fell in love with that thing so much I fried my chest many times from the radiation [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                      -- Larry

Comment

nice job dude!

you got idols you know [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Very good!!!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                          Working...
                          X