Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no cycle

I have a chassis that when moved from machine to machine it will not cycle from up front or in back. It has the bowltronics contactors and I can get the sweep and table to run with those switches. This has omega tek boards and has been swapped to a different chassis. I've tried swapping relays with a working chassis and have replaced the c1 block and all pins. I had 3 bad plugs on the c2 and replaced them. I am at a loss now and and quickly running out of patience. Seems to me I must be missing something. It acts like it is in instructomat and wont come out of it. Which wire in the c2 runs the cycle? I have seen it posted here but cannot find it.

Any ideas, suggestions, or comments on what to do with this chassis please let me know.

Re: no cycle

The sweep & table contactors always have power, even with the machine off, so it's understandable that the motors would be able to run if you are operating the contactors manually.

So the front and back cycle switches don't work... what happens if you power up the machine and lift SA or TA1?

You can even cycle the machine with SA... hold it up off the cam until the sweep just hits the deck or slightly above the deck, then let it go. After a few seconds of time delay, the machine should run the rest of whatever ball cycle it was in.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

id guess either -
      F3 fuse/holder purple wire for f3 fuse is the very last bottom right pin in c2a, and as a tendacy to get yanked when replacing pins or messing with wiring.
      Grey wire on T2. if you dont use instuctomat, cut it.

Comment

I can run the sweep from the back of the machine also. So will running it from the SA make that brain f@rt go away?

Comment

Originally posted by kneedeep:
          I can run the sweep from the back of the machine also. So will running it from the SA make that brain f@rt go away?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It won't fix it... it's just a troubleshooting method. If there is a problem with the electronics causing no-cycle, the machine will not complete a cycle started from SA, either.

If it's a bad connection or wiring problem to (or in) the chassis causing it not to cycle, it should run a normal cycle when started from SA.

Just helps narrow the problem down some.
          <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Can I leave this wire off.....cuz it works now...boss very happy.....i get to drink beer without thinking about this....mmmmmmmm beer....did i mention this worked!!! thanks a ton and then some. we dont need instructomat or frame counters because of our autoscore.

Also removing that memory board is nice really cleans up the look of the chassis... even kinda felt lighter.... maybe not.

thanks again I learned alot during this problem and I got a lot of phone help and bowltech help. I would be very uninformed if it wasnt for this place. AWESOME

Comment

If you don’t need frame counter (at front desk) and shadow bowl, you can leave this wire disconnected and insulated.

I could go into great detail why its ok and no ill effects, but it would be like explaining why the quadratic equation works in algebra using calculus as proof.

In a nutshell…enjoy your beer!

Triac

Comment

I just posted this on another thread, I found a wire off in the A&amp;MC box that caused this. See if any of this helps you: Cycle problem
                Charley
                82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
                2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...
                Working...
                X