Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boring Topic

i ran out of contact cement, so the pins have been piling up

PIC - Just imagine a box of a certain Manufacturer's pins over flowing 3 fold with bottomless pins

new marketing slogan and a pin base ring necklace from my night mechanic

How's that go. . ."AMFlites Forever?"

Re: Boring Topic

I’ll bet you scores are through the roof and OORs are non-existent. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

I remember when a "to remain nameless" company had this problem a long time ago and they sent me new bottoms. I called them back demanding new pins and screamed at them “YOU PAY YOUR ENGINEERS A **** LOAD OF MONEY TO GLUE THESE THINGS ON, HOW THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT ME TO KEEP THESE THINGS ON WHEN YOU CANT”?

Needless to say, they sent me new pins.

Triac

Comment

Hey Coor's
      Might want to watch what you post. I could care less & have Jim's attitude. Big-wig's can kiss my @ss. But after the twister thing. I'd hate to see anyone get in trouble.

But I like the new slogon
      Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

i was kinda curious about that too old school, kinda why i put it in the AMF section, hehe. tho i dont see how i could get in trouble as im simply posting the end result of running their pins for 5 months now. with some light-hearted commentary. and its just the truth, and ya know without the pics they would tell me im exaggerating or makin it up.

Please PM me about the twister incident, im not up to speed on that. Thx

Comment

k, i re-read lampie's thread, i didnt even know that had happened. if they dont want faults talked about, they should fix the problem, rather than squash us mech's that have to chase fallin pins and fish out pin rings all day. what a world. i changed the topic title to not attract to much attn

Comment

Comment

How's that go. . ."AMFlites Forever?"
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's it, except one key word... FIXED [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
              All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

ok, ive edited and removed, there's no mention of that particular pin, except the BEST PINS EVER!!

AMFlites!!! FIXED

Comment

Originally posted by Coors:
                  ok, ive edited and removed, there's no mention of that particular pin, except the BEST PINS EVER!!

AMFlites!!! FIXED
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I liked the original picture.. Send it over to me and I'll remove the logo and other elements that ID the manufacturer..

Scott
                  http://smay28.blogspot.com

Comment

What are other alternatives for re-attachment and what kind of longevity to you guys get from various solutions?

Comment

thats a very good question smay. . .
                      i used DAP contact cement til i ran out.
                      then i used epoxy lane patch, then i ran out,
                      then i used silicon, then i ran out of that,
                      i used some old left over PA lane finish,
                      i just reloaded on contact cement and
                      the epoxy mix tube you see hangin in the middle of
                      the necklace.

what is the best to use for that? or is glue glue?

disclaimer as sign says: "epoxy not included", LMAO hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by Coors:
                        thats a very good question smay. . .
                        i used DAP contact cement til i ran out.
                        then i used epoxy lane patch, then i ran out,
                        then i used silicon, then i ran out of that,
                        i used some old left over PA lane finish,
                        i just reloaded on contact cement and
                        the epoxy mix tube you see hangin in the middle of
                        the necklace.

what is the best to use for that? or is glue glue?

disclaimer as sign says: "epoxy not included", LMAO hilarious
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hate epoxy mixes.. Major PITA, mixing, getting the excess all over the place. But if it works I guess it would do in a pinch. I like contact cement. I'd even experiment with rubber cement just to see what happens. Light coat with a brush inside the pin and another on the base. Then tap it in place with a mallet of some sort. I've never used it on pins but every other application has worked out well. Once those two coated surfaces touch they bond forever. Pins of course take a pretty good amount of abuse (or use) so I'm not sure what the best solution would be. Just trying to get everyone to chime in with their experiences.

Comment

amflites? arent they crappy plastic pins? i bowled with them at the tourney i had, man they are crap for pin fall.

Comment

I had this problem with Vulcans. Ironically, I also had less OOR problems. We switched to AMFlites this year. They seem to hold up better, but slide more. Every pin has its drawbacks I suppose.
                            My mom always said there was one crazy person on every bus,... but I could never find him.

Comment

"amflites? arent they crappy plastic pins? i bowled with them at the tourney i had, man they are crap for pin fall."

no brunswickbowler, i strongly suspect you are referring to twisters, those are the solid plastic pins that i too am cursed with!

starting to loose more and more heads off them now, amflites are surlyn coated traditional wooden pins, they arefor all intests and purposes the best pins in the world.
                              Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X