Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urethane ball lift rails (approach)...

Anyone know of an EASY way of stripping the urethane off of the metal rails? We have a BUNCH of rails getting gummy and marking up balls. The boss decided that (because of the $$$) we'd (I'd) make our own. I'm using thick plastic hose and it's actually working pretty well. I've replaced about a half dozen so far. The problem is removing the urethane. This stuff is a sticky, gummy MESS!! It takes me about 2 hours just to strip 1 rail. Any ideas?
    Valkyrie: The American made motorcycle that Harley Davidson WISHES it could build.

Re: Urethane ball lift rails (approach)...

The hose will last a week.

Comment

A centre in the UK had similar problem so they went about replacing the rails too. After spending 2 hours striping one pair they decided to put the rails into a metal trash can, add a couple of pints of gas and a match!! Hey Presto, rail covers removed and old covers convienenty in the trash!

They said this method worked fine, they had C-90 returns.
      I'm Brian and so is my wife.......

http://www.badassbowling.com

Comment

I leave the stripping part to my night guys. Lots of wire wheel, clorinite solvent and elbow grease.

I replace the urethane with Brunswick covers from Quality part # 12-4350. They fit nice and tight and you get three when you order the part # for ~$120. They last many years and the savings is quite substantial.

Triac

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
        Working...
        X