Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowing down the pinwheel

Hello I have a few pinwheels that I would like to slow down. Does anyone know the granger part nuumber for the pulley that will do this.

I know I have seen a thread on this before.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Slowing down the pinwheel

3x914

Comment

Thanks King you ROCK!!!

Comment

Pat

Becareful, the part # king gave is for 4 1/2 in pulley. Most mechanics use 5 in pullies. I have the part # for 5 in pullies at work. I can get that for you tomorrow if needed. 4 1/2 in runs real slow and can result in head first pins on the dist.

Wang

Comment

Originally posted by WangJ:
          Pat

Becareful, the part # king gave is for 4 1/2 in pulley. Most mechanics use 5 in pullies. I have the part # for 5 in pullies at work. I can get that for you tomorrow if needed. 4 1/2 in runs real slow and can result in head first pins on the dist.

Wang
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pin guides (kidneys) can be adjusted to accomodate this. If you have the Stahl's orientor things, it becomes less of an issue.
          "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Originally posted by WangJ:
            Pat

Most mechanics use 5 in pullies. I have the part # for 5 in pullies at work.

Wang
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The correct spelling is "pulley".

How much have your parents spent on your college Grasshopper?

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a few machines that, no matter where I put the damn kidney, I get head first feeds occasionally with the 5 inch pulleys, so I just stuck the 6 inchers back on and the problem is gone. Do they make a 5 1/2 inch pulley? And if so, what is the Grainger p/n for that?
              Thanks!
              Bob

Comment

Vantage makes an adjustable pulley pn # V 000-024-598. It works great their just a tad bit spendy.
                There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

Yeah AMF makes the adjustable too. I'm not really fond of those..kinda gets a bit too tight between the gearbox and the rear control box when you start widening the pulley to slow the pinwheel down.

Comment

Originally posted by BG:
                    kinda gets a bit too tight between the gearbox and the rear control box when you start widening the pulley to slow the pinwheel down.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We noticed that issue here too. What we did was loosen the 1/4 x 20 bolts holding the clamps for the rear control box and slide the boxes more towards the rear. Re-tighten bolts. It might be necessary to remove the 2 rear bolts (1 on each side) and leave them out. The boxes will do just fine without them. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

use 5 inch cast not alum.that is in pict.they sometimes break.Ifyou have 60cy motors use 5in.If you have 50cy.use 4in.Also you should use 188in.pinwheel belt.Play with kidney adj.and you will stop head first feeds.I service 11 centers and have few jams.I just call stahls and order both 5in.cast.pinwheel pulley and 188 pinwheel belt.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                      Working...
                      X