Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS

Just wondering what everyones FPS is at so I have a good idea if my machines run good/bad.
    There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Re: FPS

Between 1300 and 1800 depending on amount of Out-of-ranges.
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

To be honest. I dont keep track. If I have 3 calls on a given night. I'm tickled with that. I'f I have to run a dozen times thru the night. Then things need tending too. You will NEVER eliminate pin calls. You just want to keep them at a minimum and eliminate all repeated calls. Nothing will p!ss off your bowlers more then having the same problem on a pair of lanes 2 or 3 days in a row.

Also the age of the machines has alot to do with it. A brand new machine is like a brand new car. You prob. wont have alot of troubles with it.

Also the amount of money you have to spend on repairs, new parts, and inventory is huge too.
      Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

We're up to about 800-1000 each week. Last year was in the 500 neighborhood and running way too much. Minus dead wood, I run 0-2 times per league this season.

Comment

Try to get your center up to at least 1000 fps...

Then work on patterns, as much as you can with the man power and the budget you have.
          Peanut

Comment

Right now I'm going anywhere from 800 to 1300 so it sound like I'm doin' ok.
            Masternut when you mean patterns do you mean reoccuring problems with a certin machine?

Comment

on FPS
              I was under the impression that everything counts. OOR's and Pin's out front of sweep or on the lane. How about pushing reset botton when they thought it hasnt cycled ?

Comment

One. Maybe two frames per stop. Im very, very busy.
                The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

I agree with old school, to me a stop is when play STOPS! Mis-scoring when theres a pin in the curtain, OOR, even when some dumb-ass fouls then says 'I was no where near it honest! are all stops.

If I go to lane its in the book and recorded. I run about 900 FPS and that is an honest figure, I don't think its bad for 40 year old machines! I always smile when I hear guys saying " yeah we do 17,000 FPS but we don't count OORS, re-spots, ball jams with light balls, ball jams with rubber balls, mis-scores on glow nights etc etc....

Whats the point in even bothering to caluclate your FPS if its a work of fiction?! As a result everyone gets penalised, the techs sre running round to keep the place going ( I know I used to be one of 'em )and the bowlers are getting crap service.

The best policy is to be honest and if youre FPS is 300 then take it one day at a time and work out the problems without fiddling the fault sheets to make for nicer reading!

Thats my take on it anyway!!
                  I'm Brian and so is my wife.......

http://www.badassbowling.com

Comment

we dont count offspot pins because the offspot switches are disconnected (we run twisters and they can slide 2ft and not fall if hit right!)

all distributors have retrofitted pin guides and modified linear kit, sweep motors have retrofitted stop relays and we have had free reign to mod things,

last week we were below average business wise, we did 72077 frames and had 20 stops, which works out at 3603.

we have been better but we used to be a damn site worse.

we dont count the poss. 2 single mis-fed pins that we might pull out on a night, the majority of it is being vigalent and watching the machines.

because we run the machines on continuous cycle in the mornings we get the respotting right.

we dont count ball jams that are caused by customers filling the pit with the machine off, but all other calls are recorded.

basically, we count a stop as a fault that STOPS the machine. (our figures are FPS - frames per STOP)
                    Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

Today
                      1:00 Sr. womans league
                      4 per team, 12 teams 4 calls.
                      1st call (slow setting a full rack) 2 pins on floor behind machine.
                      2nd call (10th frame lady threw a gutter ball & next person bowled on her full rack)
                      3rd call (OOR)
                      4th call (Ball in back)When I got to machine no ball was there & it was setting full rack.

6:30 Womans league
                      4 per team, 18 teams 4 calls
                      1st call (ball stuck) 3 pins wedged under kick back holding ball out.
                      2nd call (pile up)
                      3rd call (set up 6 pin) maybe a OOR pin was laying on deck
                      4th call (another gutter ball in 10th frame)

9:00 mens league
                      5 per team, 12 teams 2 calls
                      1st call (pin in gutter out front)
                      2nd call (pile up)

What would you say my FPS would be ??????

Comment

We log all our calls of course but dont really track our FPS. On average I'd say we'd have maybe 12 calls if all 64 lanes are running (either 4 or 5 man teams, multiple leagues). Not perfect, but no person or machine is. But for the amount of games bowled I think ours run pretty well
                        All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

I keep track of all my frames whether pratice, open play, league or what have you. Then I have a sheet at the front and the back. My Pinni's know if the catch somthing before its called back to write it down and circle it. If they didn't catch it they just mark it down. Then i compare the two sheets in the morn'.

Comment

Originally posted by old-school-mechanic:
                            Today
                            1:00 Sr. womans league
                            4 per team, 12 teams 4 calls.
                            1st call (slow setting a full rack) 2 pins on floor behind machine.
                            2nd call (10th frame lady threw a gutter ball & next person bowled on her full rack)
                            3rd call (OOR)
                            4th call (Ball in back)When I got to machine no ball was there & it was setting full rack.

6:30 Womans league
                            4 per team, 18 teams 4 calls
                            1st call (ball stuck) 3 pins wedged under kick back holding ball out.
                            2nd call (pile up)
                            3rd call (set up 6 pin) maybe a OOR pin was laying on deck
                            4th call (another gutter ball in 10th frame)

9:00 mens league
                            5 per team, 12 teams 2 calls
                            1st call (pin in gutter out front)
                            2nd call (pile up)

What would you say my FPS would be ??????
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How many frames were bowled that night?

Comment

Originally posted by jez:

all distributors have retrofitted pin guides and modified linear kit, sweep motors have retrofitted stop relays and we have had free reign to mod things,
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What does your "modified linear kit" look like?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X