Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep drop stop

Lets see if I can describe this so you guys will understand.

Machine cycles. Sweep stops before reaching guard and waits for another lane's sweep to stop running then continues to guard. It seems to be happening in an eight lane block so I'm thinking it' may be an LIU problem. I swapped the lane boards with no success. Any ideas? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Sweep drop stop

these must not be 70's. cuz ive never heard of such a thing in my life. my first guess would be flaky coil wiring to the contactors, but not for 8 lanes worth

Comment

Yes they are 70's with a mix of omega tech and 5 board SS chassis. I've never seen it either in 18 years in the business. It's freakin' me out.

I don't know if you remember me Coors I'm the guy that shared the pin rolling off the distributor fix, with the bin shock mount. I've moved on to a new screen name and center. How the hell are ya?

Comment

Never heard of the LIU causing this. Sounds like something either in the the wiring of the machine(s) or something else common to the machines - like scoring? What kind of scoring do you have? I'm guessing Accuscore +??
        I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Originally posted by wb8yjf:
          Never heard of the LIU causing this. Sounds like something either in the the wiring of the machine(s) or something else common to the machines - like scoring? What kind of scoring do you have? I'm guessing Accuscore +??
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good guess

Comment

Perhaps the ball detectors? I believe the detectors there are AMF, correct? Any chance this could be a problem? I'm not familiar with AMF detectors, so I'm not sure. Just a shot in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by BG:
              Perhaps the ball detectors? I believe the detectors there are AMF, correct? Any chance this could be a problem? I'm not familiar with AMF detectors, so I'm not sure. Just a shot in the dark.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ball detectors are AMF but they are not linked and it's only happening on eight of the twelve lanes on that side. That was my first thought, but I kinda ruled it out. By the way is it normal to remove the cushion switch when installing these detectors?

Comment

It's a matter of preference I guess. You eliminate many potential problems by pulling the old microswitches out (broken wires, broken switch lever plates, etc). But they are ok to leave in if you want a back-up to your detectors if they should fail for whatever reason. I kept mine in when I had my zots, but we never had a problem with the zots, so I couldve easily pulled the microswitches out.
                Are the machines theyre happening on all omega-tek or 5 board chassis, or are they a mix?

Comment

Man this ones got me stumped, I have never heard of something like this. Cant wait to see what caused this to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BG:
                    It's a matter of preference I guess. You eliminate many potential problems by pulling the old microswitches out (broken wires, broken switch lever plates, etc). But they are ok to leave in if you want a back-up to your detectors if they should fail for whatever reason. I kept mine in when I had my zots, but we never had a problem with the zots, so I couldve easily pulled the microswitches out.
                    Are the machines theyre happening on all omega-tek or 5 board chassis, or are they a mix?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's a mix

Comment

Ive used zot triggers before and had problems with double cycling. Had to remove the start switch out to stop this problem as the machine was getting two start signals.

The sweep trouble could be a bad ground causing this. Eight machines are tied together in this respect. The machines look for a non-return to ground signal on cycling. Perhaps check in the box which houses all the mangers control switch wires. It is a box which looks like the a+mc box but isn't. In there are all the wires for 8 lanes worth of on/off/instructomat control. These wires from this box then seperate into 5 and 6 in the lanes a+mc boxes.

Have lanes that if you press the 10th frame button during a cycle, sweep will stop on the way down from zero to gaurd.
                      Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Alastair, I had a similar ground problem a long time ago, though not like this one, and traced it back to the ground wires you are referring to. Good call. Maybe that's it.
                        I'm with you, Clutch. I can't wait to find out whats causing this.

Comment

I think it has to be in the LIU, either where the multicore joins the frameter or where the ribbon cable connects , the orange and back wires coneect to the switches and the yellows are normally lumped together and attached to the box.(these are the ground wires.)or even the cpu board.i cant remember the other board but i think it only controls the till drawer function.
                          hope this may help.
                          maister.

Comment

Had a similar problem when we had masking units installed years ago.Wires going to mask switch were grounding to frame.Grounding managers control circuit creating intermittent instructo mat like problems

Comment

Thanks for all the good info. Will dive in head first tomorrow. I'll let you know what I find.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X