Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting Adjustments

Here is a different method for setting up the spot rod and yoke adjusting screw. They were developed by Jim Long and Bill Alexander. I obtained my copy from JUGGER. I tried this setup on a lane where the cups hit the tops of the pins hard on respot. Everything worked out good. Pins spot solid and I have the clearance I need.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR ADJUSTING 82-70 TABLE ASSEMBLIES

1. Crank the table down to its lowest spotting position. The table is at its lowest point when the table shaft, table drive eccentric shaft and clevis pin are lined up.

2. Level the table with the pin deck and adjust table height to 5/16 inch with table clevis. Set the table to the 7-10 line using the 82-70-6587 locating tool in the 7-10 cell position.

3. Adjust the spotting cups to 4 3/32 inches. Tolerance is plus 1/32 inch and minus nothing.

4. Run the table to zero and down in the spotting position with pins and stop the table about 4 inches from the pin deck.

5. Adjust the table yoke. Remove the collar on the right side of the NO. 1 table shaft. With a combination level and square on the front of the NO. 1 table shaft and 2701 pin, adjust the yoke forward ½ bubble. Forward is toward the approach. The on the combination square must be ACCURATE.

6. Crank the table down so the pins are about 1/8 inch above the pin deck. Adjust the spotting rod for daylight (or .005”) between the yoke adjusting screw and its stop. Lock the locking nuts on the spotting rod. Adjust the spotting cups to put the pins on spot. DO NOT USE THE SPOTTING ROD TO ADJUST THE PINS ON SPOT.

7. Run the table to zero and adjust the respot rod for 1/8 inch clearance between the pawl and high point on the shifter link assy.

8. Check spotting operation. If pins wobble excessively or fall over while spotting, adjust the yoke adjusting screw ½ turn clockwise (up). Usually ½ to 1 turn clockwise on the yoke adjusting screw will correct problems with pins wobbling or falling while spotting. Do not adjust the yoke adjusting screw clockwise any more than necessary. Its limit will be when the bottom of the spotting cups hit the tops of the pins on respot or when the shuttle hits the spotting cups while spotting.

Thanks for looking guys
    Wang

Re: Spotting Adjustments

interesting and i am prepared to try it.
    But i set the table at least 1/4" to 1/2" back from its correct position and adjust the yoke at 6" minimum from the deck on a spotting cycle with pins in the table, and get the bubble just going to the rear of the pinspotter.This ensures that when you adjust the toe in gap at 5/16" from the base of the pin, you obtain a gap as you suggest. and, when the table returns to zero the cups lie flatter under the bin and then they do not come down to touch the heads of the pins on respot.
    i am always prepared to try something else but feel that if you have the bubble to the front , then the cups will have to be leaning down.
    maister.

Comment

Hogwash.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hogwash

Comment

I agree with Maister on this one.
          Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

When someone says to set something 1/2 bubble off, ithink that is not the proper way to use a level. I checked about 10 of my best spotting machines and found that if you cut a half moon indentation about 1/8 inch deep where it rest on the #1 shaft then you can adjust until the bubble is dead center and then go to the other side and slide the yoke until the bubble is in the center. Works for me.

Comment

love the hog wash

Comment

Isnt that the way you're supposed to do it? That sounds like its right from the book, only i recall doing bubble from 6" and the "daylight" check with the pin at 5/16" from the deck.
                The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Monkey

You are correct about 6" and 5/16", however the big differene is the half bubble forward. That gets your cups up more in the horizontal position allowing them to clear the pins on respot.

Wang

Comment

More horizontal spotting cups causes the pins to fall over forward due to poor seating in the spotting cup and overrotation of the cup.

Comment

"More horizontal spotting cups causes the pins to fall over forward due to poor seating in the spotting cup and overrotation of the cup."

HOG WASH !!!!!

"great chieftain o' the puddin-race"

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair:
                        "More horizontal spotting cups causes the pins to fall over forward due to poor seating in the spotting cup and overrotation of the cup."

HOG WASH !!!!!
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If the pin cups sit parallel to the pindeck when the pins are delivered to the cup, the spotting action will rotate the pins too much causing falling pins.

There is a reason for the 1/2 bubble adjustment.

Comment

Sounds like your table is set at the wrong height if this is happening!

Ensuring that the table is set to 8 1/4 to 8 1/2 inches back, and a slight bubble tilt toward the back of the machine is in place, then the cups will sit more parallel to the pin deck. (Visibally noticable as the screw end will stick out equi-distantly on all four nuts, on the cups.)
                          Pins will be spotted more or less flat on there bases, and a solid spot achieved. If there are any tight cups then a pin may rotate on spotting.

Comment

The pins are to be spotted on the front edge of the base with the top of the cup remaining in contact with the head of the pin until the pin rests on its base.

Pins spotted flat on their base is not optimum.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                              The pins are to be spotted on the front edge of the base with the top of the cup remaining in contact with the head of the pin until the pin rests on its base.

Pins spotted flat on their base is not optimum.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I couldnt agree more.

Here is another question: What method works better, flagging the table or measuring table to 8 1/2"???

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X