Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pit carpets

what is the easiest way to replace the pit carpets on AMF 82/70's??????? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Re: pit carpets

Get Some Dumb A** To Do It Saves Your Back!

Comment

I prefer to take the front roller out thro the ball door.The rear roller out thro the adjacent machine and the bounce plate and carpet up onto the pindeck and then up the lane. Ensure lane is protected from the bottom of the bounce plate and slide the bounce plate out and change the carpet.There are mechanics who prefer to remove the plows or the cushion and take the bounce plate and carpet out thro the pinwheel.It is a question of which you find easiest.
      maister.

Comment

Originally posted by joesmith:
        what is the easiest way to replace the pit carpets on AMF 82/70's??????? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And remember whichever way you do it. It still sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Clutch Plate:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by joesmith:
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And remember whichever way you do it. It still sucks! </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Amen, we take it out through the pinwheel as we have plenty of room behind for it, and yes it still sucks! lol
          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

As was mentioned... the EASIEST way to do it is to NOT participate... That not usually being an option:

Drop the back roller &amp; pull it out thru the sideplate, pin the front roller bracket back and pop the front roller, take off the paddle and slide the front roller into the adjoining machine. Pull the 4 bounceplate nuts, pick up the bounceplate/carpet, and slide it out to the pindeck.

Out on the lane, pull the bounceplacte out of the old carpet, fling the old carpet somewhere, check the bounceplate &amp; replace any broken bolts, plates, or brackets, then check/replace the pit brackets, carpet brackets, etc... Slide it into a new carpet (make sure the damn carpet is facing the right way!!), and skid it back in over the deck. Drop it down on to the studs, get the carpet positioned under the plate brackets and the guide plates, slide the back roller into place &amp; put the sheave back on (don't forget to line it up right!), set the front roller &amp; release the roller brackets to put tension on the carpet. Reinstall the paddle and all belts. Test for correct tracking and operation.

About an hour and at least one backache later, it'll be all together &amp; you can start on the next one. At that rate, you should be able to do 8 a day.
            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Cut the carpet and lay it out on the pin deck. Front roller thru the ball door. Rear roller thru the adjacent machine. Take off the 4 bolts holding bounce place. Lift bounce plate up and lay on the carpet. Go to the front &amp; pull carpet and bounce plate out. Without the carpet,the bounce plate is so much easier to handle.

Wish it was as easy going back in.
              Dont know as there is a easy way with a new carpet wrapped around the bounce plate.

Try and lay a carpet out. So when you need it. It wont be so stiff.
              Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Originally posted by Clutch Plate:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by joesmith:
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And remember whichever way you do it. It still sucks! </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">AMEN!!! This has to be the only thing that I really hate on an AMF machine compared to a "B" machine.
                Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Comment

i push it up the lane. Everytime ive tried to go through the pin wheel, manuvering and twisting and all like a game of tetris, it always gets wedged. and i go bezerk and mash my hand as im kickin and stompin and bodyslammin myself tryin to get the damn thing to unwedge.

ive often thought they could make the carpet assy like a dresser drawer. open pinwheel like a 90, flip up plows, slide old carpet assy out, slide new one in, lock in place. i know i know, i m dreamin again!

Comment

Originally posted by Coors:
                    i push it up the lane. Everytime ive tried to go through the pin wheel, manuvering and twisting and all like a game of tetris, it always gets wedged. and i go bezerk and mash my hand as im kickin and stompin and bodyslammin myself tryin to get the damn thing to unwedge.

ive often thought they could make the carpet assy like a dresser drawer. open pinwheel like a 90, flip up plows, slide old carpet assy out, slide new one in, lock in place. i know i know, i m dreamin again!
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sounds like your machines dont line up worth a ****. Cut the carpet &amp; you wont have near the trouble.
                    Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

We always do. If the carpet isn't going back in you betcha it's getting cut. We just cut em rolling it up as we pull it, slide it out the back right into the new carpets box. From there we either keep it if we can use pieces or right to the dumpster
                      All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

I do it from the front and make sure I got rid of the Legends Pindeck Treatment before I start.
                        I also remove the cushion if it's not a "hurry up" job, better access to everything and makes it an easier job to clean out the pit and also to get out of the back to catch my forgotten tools [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img]
                        So it goes.

Comment

And don't forget to yell and cuss at it a lot.

Seriously, pit pulling is a great opportunity to get everything cleaned/tightened/lubed down there. Make some spare change from the floor sweepin's, feel huge with some good shoulder blows to the front roller while opening it and silencing that locomotive that's been running through the center. Then cuss some more putting it back together. Rolling the extra carpet up on top of the bounce plate assy and straddling it makes it (a little) easier to handle when lifting up/setting down. If it's all happy when you put it back together, you probably won't have to see it again for a long time.

Putting the cushion back - if you took it out: Get the ball exit side box on, then go to the other side, rest the tube on the top of your knee and start the bottom box screw there (with the box upside down, of course). This makes it much easier.

BTW - does anybody use the bearing support pins? I've found a 1/4-20 put in from the other side of the kickback is much easier. Same with the flag tool. Nuts to that - the Channellocks are much less hassle.

Comment

GMAN has it. Except I have the spare bounce plate inside the new carpet.Give the other b-plate to the B mech to rebuild.

Comment

Yep, yep, yep, yep &amp; yep, all except I'm going out the front &amp; I pull the rear roller thru the ball door.
                              If its SIMS, its only a game.
                              Just hit reset.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X