Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shuttle question

I have a coupla machines that have sporadic problems with the rear pins (7 8 and 10) sometimes double-shuttling (2 pins drop thru together). Shuttles, stringers, pin holders, etc, are perfect. I noticed those particular slots have quite a bit of clearance from the head of the pin to the back of the slot. To cure this, I glue strips of dizzy belt to the inside of the back wall and the double shuttles go away. The 9 NEVER double shuttles, but I am assuming thats because the bin switch acts to keep the pins tight in the slot. Do they make a bin switch type plate for the 7 8 and 10 slots to tighten them up?

Re: shuttle question

yes.stahls has them.just a piece of metal bent over and attached to the top of bin to keep pin foward.usually you get this problem cause machs are too high on kickbacks.other things you can do is square up the shuttle.lower the bin with the back hangers lower the shuttle .I also take out shuutle key and turn shuttle cam so it drops off sooner then tighten
    down cam tight. hope this helps

Comment

Yeah BG, I had this too. My rear shuttle rods were at maximum lowest adjustment and I tried moving the shuttle as far back as I could until other pins wouldnt shuttle at all but still couldn't get it quite right. In the end I had a local fabrications company make me a bracket to push the 7,8 and 10 pins forward in their bins and the problem went away.

My machines are quite old and I think the problem comes from the deck getting further from the table after each resurface so table adjustments take the table further from the shuttle. As the gap between the table and shuttle gets bigger there is more chance of double shuttling on the back row.

I also found that if you remove the pin holders from the shuttle tubes and put 3 or 4 washers inbetween the pin holder and the shuttle tube the pin will sit lower in its bin and that will work also.
      I'm Brian and so is my wife.......

http://www.badassbowling.com

Comment

Rob, i have nothing to say about shuttle adjustments, i just happened to notice your closing phrase from the Life of Brian and had to say that you rock.

Blessed are the Cheesemakers.
        The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Rob, I never thought of doing that. That is a GREAT idea, putting washers between the pin holders to lower them. I'm gonna try that first thing tomorrow night [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I would try to lower the front assy and turn the clevis in to bring the shuttle and table closer together double shuttling is usualy cause by too much gap between the table and shuttles allowing double shuttling this is providing that you dont have a a bad shuttle rod best way to tell with shuttle empty if you push in on shuttle it should have no play in it when you release it should close back up with no free play swinging it should be stout if there is swinging your shuttle then the shuttle rod needs serviced....
            DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

Why not just lower the machine. It's easy to do and should take about 2 hours to do, that's with all the adjustments.

I had the same problems you are describing and this took care of the problem. And I think the machines run better.

Other things you can do is make sure the table stops at 355 degrees so the table will be traveling upwards when the shuttle releases the pins. This alone will cure a lot of the double shuttles.

Mike
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by bowlingpinman:
                I also take out shuttle key and turn shuttle cam so it drops off sooner then tighten down cam tight.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have heard of this before but never had the quehones to try it... Glad to hear that it is working for you!
                Here\'s my ghetto fix.

Comment

PinMonkey! Dont get me started on those quotes!! Ur a good man for appreciating the finest moment in British cinematic history!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Oh...., go on - ! 1 for the road " I'm Brian and so is my wife!" GENIUS!!
                  I'm Brian and so is my wife.......

http://www.badassbowling.com

Comment

we demand......

A SHRUBBERY!!

one that looks nice. And not too expensive.

I've had worse. YOU LIE!! The black knight always triumphs!!
                    The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

You're welcome El Chaddo!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                      Working...
                      X