Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spotting

need help!!!

got a solid state chassie that isnt spotting the pins the relay is actuating but the solinoide isnt moving it will only twitch a little then not do nething else. its not the boards or the machine cause differnt chassie same bords will work.
    plz help.

Re: spotting

Change spot (SP) relay.

Check C1 pins, particularly C1-36Y

If that don’t work change SP socket.

Triac

Comment

this is an obvious question, but anyhow, if youhave omegas, do you have the little pc3 board in, and is it faced the right way?

Comment

Originally posted by Coors:
        this is an obvious question, but anyhow, if youhave omegas, do you have the little pc3 board in, and is it faced the right way?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good call Coors... I put one in backwards once when I was in a hurry. If it's not that I would definately check SP relay, C1 plug pins and all connections to the SP socket as mentioned earlier
        All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

i had a similar problem with a spot solenoid. cut long story short it went up in flames, but it went in a very impressive way. ever seen a lane still run with a solenoid burning and melting.?

Comment

"it will only twitch a little then not do nething else"

Sounds like spot isn't latching perhaps.

To be sure if this, if you hold the Bin Switch (#9 bin) closed does it work okay?

Actually, I'm not so sure, since if the shuttle moved (and emptied the #9 bin) then the solenoid must have latched enough to release table drive (table drive release happens before shuttle cam notch, doesn't it? I need to be at the bowl to check that, not at home! ;-).

Can you describe more the "twitch a little" thing?

Sorry, I wasn't much help really.

Andrew.

Comment

could use more detail.......i agree with triac....also check little blue wire off back side of spot relay socket that goes to c2a block and big grey wire off back side.......if its a simple problem you might have bad contacts in table relay in chassi or bad pins in c1 plug for table...coasting table to far over seonoid might be a twiching noise....need more info

Comment

Does anyone have a grainger part number for the spotting solenoid (if there is one)for 90xl's?

Comment

i had a solinoid bolw the other day,i laughed when i realised i had wired it wrong,i didnt laugh when i realised it had blown out the chasis.......you live and learn

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...
                  Working...
                  X