Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B/E Motors

How can I tell what motor goes on a Even or Odd Machine without turning on the motor? I have national motor heads. Or does anyone know if they can be reversed to run the opposit way?
    There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Re: B/E Motors

You can't tell BECAUSE they can be reversed.
    So it goes.

Comment

Lampie,

Didn’t we go over this before? 220V Nationals probably can be reversed but 115V [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] OEM Nationals can’t unless they have been rewound to do so. Aftermarket replacements for the Nationals can be reversed.

Table Head , Your going to have to plug it in to determine the direction. We always mark our heads odd or even machine.

Triac

Comment

Originally posted by triac:
        Lampie,

Didn’t we go over this before? 220V Nationals probably can be reversed but 115V [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] OEM Nationals can’t unless they have been rewound to do so. Aftermarket replacements for the Nationals can be reversed.

Table Head , Your going to have to plug it in to determine the direction. We always mark our heads odd or even machine.

Triac
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed, non reversable.

Comment

HMMMumbleMuble..
          I will do 50 push ups for my mistake.
          Thought it was Pinhead or Headpin from Australia where they have 223V:p. Sorry, don't hit me.
          Maybe he has Leasons...Ok, I shut up
          I'm a bit reversed myself lately.
          So it goes.

Comment

lampie..........find an old time coffee pot cord they plug in nice to be motors or rig your own up to use on bench.....then mark it......

Comment

sorry last post was for tablehead

Comment

To bad The mechanic before my didn't mark it! What a Dumb $@!. I mark mine now because of his mistake. Bowlingpinman, I've got a bench test cord problem is they have to be assmebled and have SS starters put on. The Centrifical switches are shot.

Comment

In Australia, many of us use 110V (stepped down from 240V mains), and most of our BE Nationals - unless rewound - can't be reversed.

And, in my experience, we rarely rewind them (cos they're so good I suppose) - at least compared to GEs.

On a few occasions someone has marked a GE motor with the direction and then changed the direction without changing the marking!

We have a socket on our workbench to plug the motor into so Nationals are easy to test the direction on. GEs have to be on their gearbox to run, so it isn't as fun in that case (especially if some twit reversed it and didn't change the direction marking).

We had a GE with a reverser switch on it - that was cool. But we don't have it anymore (not sure where it went).

Andrew.

Comment

while we are all here i will rewind any and all motors if any one needs i can rebuild any motor and gearbox and do it at reasonable prices send me a message if my services are necessary
                    When in doubt check at bowl-tech
                    When people are around no cursing and throwing things

Comment

tablehead,if you have any nat.heads that the windings are bad ,you can send in to stahls.they send you back a head rebuilt with a box on top that has the plug,cap,klixion,and a motor start relay in it that takes care of having to have an electric or centrifical meck.......i also use motor start relays for all my front motors.i mount them on machine.if during league the motor pops klixion cause relay goes bad just hook another one up....3 wires...couple minutes tops.......if my be.nat. are bad windings i send in for the trade....if switch or mech problem i wire in a sinpac switch also get from stahls........

Comment

Originally posted by bowlingpinman:
                        tablehead,if you have any nat.heads that the windings are bad ,you can send in to stahls.they send you back a head rebuilt with a box on top that has the plug,cap,klixion,and a motor start relay in it that takes care of having to have an electric or centrifical meck.......i also use motor start relays for all my front motors.i mount them on machine.if during league the motor pops klixion cause relay goes bad just hook another one up....3 wires...couple minutes tops.......if my be.nat. are bad windings i send in for the trade....if switch or mech problem i wire in a sinpac switch also get from stahls........
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I use the Lewis Electric SS switches and install them myself. Saves time and $.

Comment

Get this everyone I noticed something the other day when I was doing some motor repair. There is a AMF sticker on one side of the start capacitor. When on the machine it faces the bowlers indicating which way it turns. I found this out after I put a few motors back to gether to test them out which way they turn. But bad luck if you daon't have any stickers on them. I've get 24 motors and they all check out the way I descibed

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...
                          Working...
                          X