Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Roller

I have a machine that the front roller keeps popping of the front roller bracket on the 7pin side of the machine. I put it back in then it will run for 4 or 5 days then it will pop loose again. Looking for any ideas as to what the problem could be to solve the problem.
    To The World You May Be One Person,but To One Person You Might Be The World.

Re: Front Roller

i would assume the prob is a pin idling "belly up" between bounce plates and front roller. then someone throws a ball down that gutter which pops it out. . . particularly if the carpet is ragged or short on that side/lane

Comment

Yes Coors that is whats happening, any solutions
      To The World You May Be One Person,but To One Person You Might Be The World.

Comment

You could make a bracket & mount it so a pin head cant enter.

Replace the carpet with a new good one.

If the carpet is riding all the way to one side, Check the roller & Roller brackets.
        Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

The t-bar under the carpet from side frame to to frame may be loose. This allows the bearing flange to move from behind the bearing and snap forward when a ball is thrown down the gutter. Also have seen this happen if one end of the roller is put on in reverse, not allowing the roller to swing at all.

Comment

Check the brackets and mounts on the rollers... as long as they're OK, sometimes it's just that the backend has a lot of clearance between the front roller and the tailplank, which allows pins to sit there and roll. If you can't move the backend (and you usually can't without moving the whole row because the ball exits and backends won't line up)

Dig out an old cushion rubber, cut a block of it that has at least 2 rivet holes in it. Place it against the tailplank at the back of (and below)the flat gutter and use wood screws / lag bolts and washers to attach it there. Locate the bolts and washers inside the rivet holes, so they're recessed into the rubber and cause dings/scratches in pins or balls.

If you don't have a cushion rubber to cut up, a piece of 1x4 soft pine with the corners blunted and some countersink screws in it will work well, too.
            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Chuck, nail a piece of carpet to the Tailplank, so it sits on top of carpet and covers the gap. This may cause a pin to idle there occasionally but better than the roller popping out. Will do until fixed properly.

If it's not a pin getting behind, causing the problem( really a short carpet problem), than it could be the front roller put together wrong,i.e; one end on upside down.

Frank.
              always doing my best.

Comment

I have that problem too. Have an excessive gap. What I ended up doing is to cut a piece of garden hose and screw the ends to the tail plank as a filler.Problem cured.
                SGT
                U.S. Army/AVN
                Retired

Comment

Yep, Frank - we do the same thing (fix a piece of carpet to the back of the flat gutters to cover the hole between roller and tailplank). Maybe it's an Aussie thing ;-)

Andrew.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew:
                    Yep, Frank - we do the same thing (fix a piece of carpet to the back of the flat gutters to cover the hole between roller and tailplank). Maybe it's an Aussie thing ;-)

Andrew.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not just an Aussie thing. We don't have a problem with excessive gaps but when a carpet is riding over and shot and we can't get into the pit immediately due to other things we use an old piece of carpet or dist belt to keep pins out. It helps a TON until you can go ahead and pull the pit
                    All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Originally posted by LaRue:
                      I have that problem too. Have an excessive gap. What I ended up doing is to cut a piece of garden hose and screw the ends to the tail plank as a filler.Problem cured.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Heck of a good idea ya got there.

I've seen loops of carpet placed on the tailplank, also... you fold the carpet so the loop sticks up, and the free ends face down... then you screw it to the tailplank so the screws are below where pins or balls can hit them. One drawback, you have to pull the pit (or at least the front roller) to put it in.
                      <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

there is a possibility that the jack key is sticking through into the pinspotter and stopping the roller housing pulling forward.If this has just started happening, is it on an even lane. Perhaps the ball idler bracket is broken off and the roller pops with the balls entering the ball door as the carpet is pushed down.
                        maister.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...
                        Working...
                        X