Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6LB. ball spinning problem

i have been having a lot of problems with our 6lb. balls spinning on the carpet belt about 3 to 6 inches in front of the exit. i've checked carpet belts bounce plates, pit support brackets, checked rear machine frame heights. i even shimmed the opp. ball door side of bounce plate, and the damn things still spin by the exit. now i know that if the edges of the carpet belts are curled up this will happen, but ours look fine. there not curled or streached out. i did change change some belts and the problem went away but not on all and some have returned to add to my stress. has anybody else had this problem and if so what did you do to solve it????
    jim k.

Re: 6LB. ball spinning problem

Hide all 6lbs bowling balls as they are just wrong!

Take some tension of the front roller at the ball door side. Or swap carpets with the opposite lane.
    More or likely the carpet is to blame in this case.
    Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

1. Take the ball and get in the pit with it.
      2. Check to see if the bounce plate height is too high. This makes the balls hit the top of the ball door ring or fill section.
      3. Some carpets keep the ball too high also if they are too stiff. Take a razor knife and remove 3/8 inch of carpet belt if the carpet is too stiff. This will allow the ball to get in the door.

Comment

We have 3 lanes that do the same thing at our center. We've tried all of the above with no success. My solution is to give them 2 balls. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Next we're gonna try drilling the 6's with side weight to see if that helps.
        Valkyrie: The American made motorcycle that Harley Davidson WISHES it could build.

Comment

Ed Fox sells the carpet curl eliminators which, when installed correctly, lower the carpet at the ball exit. They're about 9 bucks a piece and u need 2 for each machine. Very nice and work very well, even for those carpets that have just a slight rise to them. You know, the ones that keep them pesky 6 pound balls from getting in.

Comment

Sounds like you’re running Pumpkin/Tans. These carpets are notorious for the problem you describe. Do a search on Pumpkin/Tans and you will see what I’m talking about.

Triac

Comment

agree with triac

Comment

Yup, sounds like an AMF pumpkin belt to me. An all to familiar problem here. I'm slowly replacing all of mine with Vantage premiums.
                "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Kat:
                  Yup, sounds like an AMF pumpkin belt to me. An all to familiar problem here. I'm slowly replacing all of mine with Vantage premiums.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And I am replacing my pumpkins with AMF platinum. Just get those pumpkins outta here!

Comment

Pumpkin carpets.

Comment

Check the 6 pounders for too much top weight. Might be a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Clutch Plate:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Kat:
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And I am replacing my pumpkins with AMF platinum. Just get those pumpkins outta here! </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What Does everyone think of those AMF platinms vs. Vantage Premi's. I Really like those vantage ones.
                        There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

Table Head:

I'm partial to the Vantage premiums. While I've got a few of the platinums, I think the Vantage premium is a proven winner. The platinums are okay so far, but may develop problems in a year or two. I remember installing the pumpkins a few years back and they were great...until 2 years of age when we started having the light ball fiasco. So, before I settle on a new kind of carpet, I need to test the crap out of it and make sure it tracks right, doesn't become stiff, start to separate/unravel, doesn't fray at the edges, and gives me more than 2 years of service life.
                          "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

WTF??? I wish this thread would have popped up Thursday before I ordered 2 pumpkin belts on Friday. Ive yet to see the light ball problem with mine, I hope I dont. This cant be good Karma though...

Comment

Rd8230 your better off shipin' those pumkins back and get some real carpets.
                              There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X