Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short cycle problems

We have 82-70 with Mp Chassi. we just put in a new scoring system and it now interfaces with the pinsetter and utlizes the sweep reverse, we never had this with our old brunswick scoring. what i find when the machine tries to go through a short cycle when there is a gutter ball or 7 or 10 is knocked off the sweep comes down and when it tries to go back up the motor makes a loud buzzing sound and kick the reset buton. i have to turn off machine and zero it out to work. How can i solve this does anyone know why this is happening?

Re: Short cycle problems

It sounds as if you are running Quality solid state start switches (SSSS) or one of a similar type on your sweep motors. If you do a manual sweep reverse, does it do the same thing? If so you need to change the wiring around inside the wireway or you can install AMF’s SSSS. If you have a mix and match of different SSSS use the Quality type on table motors only.

Triac

Comment

We have nevver experinced this with the manual switch.

Comment

Are you running Quality SSSS or a similar type? What type of motors are you running. Is this happening across the whole house?

Comment

Is this on one machine or across the house?

If one machine, check M2 relay inside MP. M2 provides relay closure for short cycle of sweep.

If across the house, it might be SSSS as mentioned by triac. You will need to make a modification in the wireway to regain sweep reverse function.
          "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Ditto, Kat.
            I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

It's not the whole house just some of the lanes. the short cycle works at first but if i have some young bowlers who throw it in the gutter alot it happens. I believe they are westinghouse motors. i will have to check when i go into work.

Comment

Looks like Kats probably got this one. I’d start replacing the M2 relay on these trouble chassis. If problem reoccurs…then start swapping chassis with a machine that does not have any problems. If problem moves with chassis the socket for the M2 might need replaced or you got bad pins in your C1.

Triac

Comment

the answer is that the sweep reverse is not installed in the pinspotters in question.The wiring from the sweep motor under the trunking cover has to be changed both at the C1 plug and in the wireway. Check in a machine that works and make sure everything is the same. test continuity from each sweep motor wire to the C1 and also that the four scoring wires have been installed correctly in the C1.
                  Good luck.there is a kit available to install the sweep reverse with a diagram, if i can get hold of one i will let you know.if you look at the newer manual on the final wiring diagram for a machine, you will see it is shown.
                  maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X