Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert 5-board to omega-tech?

I have a 5-board chassis I want to convert to omega-tech. I know it can't be as easy as changing boadrs and putting expander card. Any help?

THANKS

BAMM

Re: Convert 5-board to omega-tech?

1. Add new 3 board with ground lug.
    2. Install omega board.
    3. Install expander.
    4. Install cable with 5 wires.....4 to c-1 plug....1 to s contactor.
    5. Add 4 wires from c-1 plug to terminal strip.
    6. Run expander cable to autoscoring machine output cable.

Fixed.

Comment

bamm, if you are not using expanders, just the traditional cycles, it is plug and play. yank the 5 boards, put in the omega. if your interfacing with scoring for short cycles, its as King described.

Comment

As said it really is an EASY install, especially if you're just using MK-70's. Even with the expanders, a tiny bit of rewiring and you're good to go, not bad to do by any means
        All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Originally posted by bamm:
          I have a 5-board chassis I want to convert to omega-tech. I know it can't be as easy as changing boards and putting expander card. Any help?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If it's just the MK70 you're installing... that's exactly how easy it is.

One thing you may run into is some flaky cycling or interlocks at first... If that happens, go over your sweep and table cam adjustments first. The Omegas are more sensitive to the switch adjustments than the 5-boards were. If you have any switches with marginal or dirty contacts, the new board will probably point them out when it acts up on cycling.

When we switched over, I think I had to do a couple machines' worth of adjustments, and maybe changed a set of switches on 2-3 machines. Out of 30 units, it wasn't bad at all.
          <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

You WON'T regret changing them over! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
            I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

HOPE YOU DON'T HAVE FRAMEWORX SCORING, EXPANDER CARD WILL NOT WORK WITH FRAMEWORX, I FOUND OUT AFTER BUYING A FEW WHEN I HAD ACCUSCORE + AND GOT A NEW SCORING SYSTEM (FRAMEWORX TOUCHWORX) THEY WOULD NOT WORK. VERY SAD OVER THAT, THE EXPANDER CARDS WERE A GREAT IDEA, I MISS THEM... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]
              MK 70'S RULE HAD MINE FOR OVER 6 YEARS WITH NO FAILURES, YOU WILL NOT REGRET GETTTING THEM.

JIM
              jim k.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X