Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how hot do you run?

I've got some westinghouse B/E motors that run pretty hot. One runs about 140 F. Is this the norm for these, all but 19 of my machines run nationals.
    There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Re: how hot do you run?

If you Westies B/E get to 150 F - 160 F then you are looking at some resistance in the stator windings. They can run hot. Most of mine run between 125 F - 145 F. I have at least half Nationals and they run a cool 105 F - 125 F.
    Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Westinghouses notoriously run hot (as well as leak).
      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Sometimes I fry my diner off them on the cold winter days down the back.

Though if they are running really hot then problems are a foot. The running temperature has alot to do with how much wire is used to make up the windings. Thus effecting the ampage draw.

Usually a suspect wiring can be to blame for over heating or worst of all a bent rotor shaft eating the stator [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]
        Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Along with what Alasrair is saying, if your terminal board starts to get alot of corrosion around the lugs, this will generate poor connections which causes resistance.
          Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

excellent post Alastair.
            maister

Comment

Thanks you everyone for your input. I only use my westinghouses when I have to. Love my nat's. My termainal board is fine, just did an overhal on it. But like you guys say they are great for heating up left-overs.
              There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

we run AO Smith back end motors and they all run hot, a few examples run ridiculousley hot because people have milled out the stator a few thou.

they give us trouble!
                Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...
                Working...
                X