Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motors & SSSS

Last night I had a table motor coasting. The motor had a SSSS, it wasnt made by Quality. I installed my rebuilt motor, it had a Quality SSSS.
    Problem solved.

In the past year I have had 6-8 switches go bad. Only 1 was a Quality switch, it just had a loose wire.

Most of you dont seen to like the Quality switches. I have great luck with them, and wouldnt never change.

My question is: Is it possible that the Quality switches work better with National Motors?

Re: Motors & SSSS

Add me to the list that do not like them.

Comment

We have them with national moters and don't have much trouble...we do have them "Molex" together and velcro to the outside of motor, for quick change in the event one does go bad....
      Peanut

Comment

Most of my SSSS are the quailty brand. I've got no issues with those. They run the motors great in my book.
        There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

have nationals, Q on most and a handful of cybernetics on the combos.
          the orange 042 on the pits

Comment

Mike, I haven't pulled an Amp reading but maybe today I will. I think that Nat's pull less amps which would make the switches run better and cooler. Sounds sensible to me.
            Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Clutch,

For me its been a flip flop on the types of SSSS’s. For awhile I was having a bunch of Qualitys go…and then it went the other way with AMF’s.

When I called AMF to cancel some switches that I ordered, they told me that there was a problem. They said that the ones that they would be sending me had addressed the problem. Don’t know if they were BS me or not. The new ones worked, but time will tell.

Triac

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X