Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just taken a table out

just had to remove a table due to (very technical term used here) the part where the respot rods/pawl etc sits off the end completly snapping off. how easy are the tables to weld.
    i was informed that it was the first table to come out in 18years of being open.
    to make matters worse the previous tech had cut the table plug off and rewired the table straight thru. :S

Re: just taken a table out

Buy a used table to reinstall.

Comment

GET A HOLD OF OLD SCHOOL HE HAS ONE FOR SALE

Comment

LMAO

Wonder what the shipping is from Iowa (U.S.A)
        To Hastings (New Zealand)
        Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

I had this happen to a machine 20 plus years ago. A welder at the University Facilities Management welding shop welded it for us, for a price of course. It still is in operation today.
          To err is human but to really mess things up requires a college student.

Comment

waiting for it to be shipped would not be an option as this country as a whole are still waiting for parts that were ordered oct04. customs is a real pain the a**, waiting to get it back from the welder now, just hoping the local guys can do it as they wont touch a ball lift top pulley.

Comment

And I thought it was bad waiting a week to get anything from AMF
              SGT
              U.S. Army/AVN
              Retired

Comment

Originally posted by 8270kiwi:
                waiting for it to be shipped would not be an option as this country as a whole are still waiting for parts that were ordered oct04. customs is a real pain the a**, waiting to get it back from the welder now, just hoping the local guys can do it as they wont touch a ball lift top pulley.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You buy my plane ticket out &amp; back. I'll hand deliver this table to you!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

And you wont have to wait 3 months to get it [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

its all good for now, got the table back late tonight. the weld is fairly crap but it should do the job. on a positive note i know that i now have 10 fully rebuilt and greased grippers. so smooth to open and close by hand. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry i was not around but aluminium tables and yokes can be welded by an experienced argon arc welding technique and it is strong.
                    maister
                    glad you got it fixed though.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X