Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gripper dist. belt

I ordered grey gripper belt from AMF (part # 070-011-905) When I put on it was too long 121 inches.
    I thought they were precut. I got three and they all are the same size. Are these for 82-70's or some other machine. If they are for 82-70's why would AMF precut them too long?

THANKS

BAMM

Re: gripper dist. belt

All of the belts I order from vantage to amf to any other place they have always been too long. I always mesure them to 117" and cut them just to make sure.

Messure 2 times and cut 2 times is what I always say! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] AMF is just trying to screw around and check up to see whos a good mech. and whose not payin' atention. J/k
    There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

I've had to cut pretty much every belt that I've installed...Even if they came pre-laced.
      Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Comment

Bamm, if they are prelaced at 121" that would be pretty weird, but if they are not prelaced than its pretty standard to come too long. I order Vantage belts and they also are too long.

Just cut to your own size, I cut to 117 3/4".

Comment

Thanks I used to buy by the roll. Never bought precut before. They were not prelaced. AMF Techs called back and told me same. Just seems like a little waste.

THANKS

BAMM

Comment

We buy ours by the roll and just cut them, depends on the size of your house I suppose, with 64 lanes we always bought by the roll
            All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

I used to always cut my own dist belts down to size as well... I used to be head mech for a 90 house and all the belts came too long... I used left over at the end of kickbacks to prevent rolling pins in the pit...
              Jay R. Dennis
              Asst.Center Mechanic
              Lucky Strike Bowling Center
              Tucson Az
              520-327-4926

Comment

I should say end of flat gutters, you know what I meant! make it simple work on Brunswicks! HA!
                Jay R. Dennis
                Asst.Center Mechanic
                Lucky Strike Bowling Center
                Tucson Az
                520-327-4926

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymantucson:
                  I should say end of flat gutters, you know what I meant! make it simple burn all Brunswicks! HA!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fixed.

Comment

Wazza matter Jerry? Truth hurt? :p
                    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

belts are sent longer than required and laced on one end only so centres can cut to what they feel works better for them.Also if you don't cut it straight first time it may be too short so take a practice cut to ensure the end that is pre laced is straight with your cut.
                      maister

Comment

the last 3 belts I replaced were pre-laced and were the proper length...they are Vantage belts...
                        Qualified to do anything with nothing!

Comment

i would have to agree with the '70 king on this one, i dont ever want to work on another brunswick GS machine, you have precicley ONE belt that you have to join on a '70, as opposed to a sh1tstack give or take a dozen on a GS machine, gotta LOVE the polycord!!!!! (used a length to drive the waterpump on my car once tho, got me outta the poop)
                          Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

The belts are sent long without being laced. This was done because of mechanic’s preferences. Some like to run the belt tight, others like it to have it standard.

Mike

Comment

We have always sent out one complete 40' roll of the good ol' white Super-Tuf material to where the tech can cut to exact length and affix the laces and pins.

Seems to be perferred as opposed to ordering 2 belts aleady cut to length. Also less expensive this way we are told as well.

Bill

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X