Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lil help

Can someone tell me where each of the sweep motor cord wires go to in the wireway? I had a sweep motor that kept overheating: changed chassis, stator, gearbox, checked capacitors,re-pinned C1 plug, all to no effect. The last thing I did was replace the sweep motor cord, now it doesn't run at all-- I'm thinkin I misplaced one of the wires.

82-70, mp chassis, no scoring.

Re: lil help

Compare it to the machine next to this one.
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

ok, but if that one stops working too, it will be your fault.

Comment

even thoe you checked the capictors id change them I have had instances to where the capictors ohmed good but were still bad also besure your changing the right capictors for the sweep they could be mislabeled you could be changing the table caps thinking you are changing the sweep caps.also on your cannon plug going into the motor compare the wires to the adjacent machine they may have been put in the wrong spot on the assy line most likely if you put the wires back the way they came off in the wireway then the problem is your wires are in the wrong spots on your cannon plug this is the end of the plug that plugs into your motor.
        DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

Sweep motor plug to wireway (MP Chassis)

Nil: TS-1A1
          X: TS-7
          Y: TSE-2
          Z: TSE-1
          CT: TSA-4
          "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Originally posted by solardanl:
            ok, but if that one stops working too, it will be your fault.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i love that
            The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

oh yea, also: the table runs ok. When I put table motor cable onto sweep motor it still won't run. It's a brand new motor and stator, right out of the box.

Comment

Sounds like a mess.
                They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Kat:
                  Sweep motor plug to wireway (MP Chassis)

Nil: TS-1A1
                  X: TS-7
                  Y: TSE-2
                  Z: TSE-1
                  CT: TSA-4
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Solar: Did you check this? Gotta love Kat - he can just pull this kind of stuff right out. Not sure where he pulls it out of, but he does pull it right out!

Did the Cent. Mech plate get busted during assembly? Is one of the contactors or springs on a start switch in the wrong place? Is the belleville washer in place? These things could all cause that.

Chode

Comment

yes thankyou Kat. I didn't have it wired correctly. Yes lafarge--thanks for your compassion. Now sweep motor hums but won't run, changed stator again, same prob. Belville washer is there, ...I gonna check that cent. mech again...

Comment

Although your problem is most likely in the "new" motor I give you my cat....
                      [img]http://pic17.****************/VOL856/934456/1718790/46867035.jpg[/img]
                      It's an ugly drawing, I know, but it did help me several times so don't laugh!
                      So it goes.

Comment

To check to see if your sweep motor is good take it off the gearbox and place it on the table side and run it, this will help you so you don't have to keep changing stators. The next thing I would check is your C1 plug. You said that you repined it maby you swaped some wires. "Jest my 2 Cents worth."
                        There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

Also swap that "cent mech" out for a soild state starter.
                          There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

lampie i can't read that! lol. enlarging just gets blurrier(???). Can you use a pen instead of crayon? appreciate it.

Comment

When the MP chassis was swapped out, did you re-use the ice cube relays from the old chassis? Or, did you pull the whole chassis (inners and all) from a known working pinsetter?

A bad M2 relay will cause this. What happens here is the solder point one of the legs becomes loose and the start winding circuit is not complete; resulting in a humming motor then throwing klixon. Don't forget this little guy is responsible for automatic switching of forward and reverse start windings of sweep motor.

If M2 checks out, take the other guys suggestions above and check condition and position of centrifugal mechanism. Do away with those if you can...they cause headaches like these.
                              "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X