Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok how do i get out of this one

ok tonite i got a call from my pinchaser. he said "matt lane 17 does not look roght and the table is not running. i get there the motor is fine the gear box is fine but the table wont move witht the crank and the shaft looks fine what can it be will be at work here til i get this fixed so reply anytime so i can fix it thanks guys
    When in doubt check at bowl-tech
    When people are around no cursing and throwing things

Re: ok how do i get out of this one

pin jam?

LOOK Again..
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Member # 4593

posted February 16, 2005 10:57 PM
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      ok tonite i got a call from my pinchaser. he said "matt lane 17 does not look right and the table is not running. i get there the motor is fine the gear box is fine but the table wont move witht the crank and the shaft looks fine what can it be will be at work here til i get this fixed so reply anytime so i can fix it thanks guys

Klixon?

Ta Swithch Wont Run?

No Gripper SW?

Table Cable?

Change Chassis With Known Good One....
      If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Felix
        If I read right. It's not electrical. He cant even get it to turn with a crank. Sounds like froze motor,gear box, or bearing. Pin or something on the table. Something in the bin not letting the shuttle return.
        Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Old Fart: I Give Up, One Says The Table Runs and The other doesn't seem to know

Comment

no everything is free i tried a new motor and gear box no pins in table i have been doing this job for quite some time and i wouldnt over look the simple things i cant get the shaft to spin i have my laptop next me and i am going to take the shaft out and see if the bearings alright and the shaft is ok

Comment

Yep, sounds like a mechanical type jam to me. Your assumption that the motor and gearbox are ok may be a bit premature. Or as Old School said, check the bin, table drive, clevis etc.

Ray
              Ray Jordan
              Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
              Australia

Comment

If the table will not go up or down. Check the shuttle rod. Then check the bearing's. If you changed motor & gear box. I can think of only 2 things that will keep the table from moving in either direction. Shuttle cam at full forward & binding in some way. Not letting it come back. Or any one of the bearings

Comment

ok nevermind i should have looked at the at the shaft better u know the bearing inside the the u track next to the clevis (i dont know tecnical term but the bearing is gone and the table is all wedged and f%^&ed up this is going to take all night to fix

Comment

That's a new One.

Comment

Get out your saw's all. Cut the shaft as close to the bearing as you can. This way you can slide the shaft back thru the cam followers. Now it's easy, you can take the bearing and what little shaft is left out at the same time. Should only take about a hour or so.

Comment

cool guys thanks appreciate you helping me

Comment

Good one Old School, I'll have to remember that one if I ever work on 70's again.

Frank.
                          always doing my best.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                          Working...
                          X