Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Spot switches

Do the off spot switches really do any thing? I've got SS chassis w/omega tek boards w/expander. Some of my Switch are discontected and I don't see any differance with the machines that do have them conected. I know about the spider relays but don't have the cash to spring for em'.
    There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Re: Off Spot switches

Your not going to see a difference in normal machine operation.

The OOR switch opens when the table hits the top of an off spot pin. Table will finish its cycle, sweep will stay at guard position, and machine will goto 2nd ball.

If switch is disconected then sweep will clear pins in the event of an OOR.

Comment

Clip the wires if you want.

The ABC never checks for their operation.

You will just spot more pins.

Comment

(You will just spot more pins)

Just what pins will be up for debate. One time I thought I was going to see a cat fight. The teams was arguing over what 2 pins was left. It got hairy for a couple minutes.

Only machine that the O.S switch didnt work. Needless to say it was fixed first thing next morning.
        Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

your right old-school-mechanic.
          bowlers say it was the two on the right or the left but right or left of what.
          Keep em wired up and working.
          maister

Comment

I would recommend leaving the off spot switch connected for the main reason if the machine incurs a table jam with with a pin jammed in the spot cups at least it would actuate the oss and stop the machine to at least keep the dumb bowlers from continously hitting reset and causing damage to the table.I check my oss on every machine at least 1 time a month..
            DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

Keep your OS switches hooked up. If the switch is disconnected and a pin slides OOR, the table will go through the motions but when it gets back to zero the sweep clears the deck and then spots a full rack. AKA strike cycle. So then you have to respot pins. So either way you will have a call(unless you have spider relay). So why not leave the switch hooked up so it can comply with USBC rules and eliminates arguements with league bowlers.

So basically I agree with Cluth and Queen.

Wang

Comment

In my opinion off spot switches are more important than interlock switches!
                I think I'm alone with this opinion...
                So it goes.

Comment

I personally wouldn't say MORE important than the interlock switches, but as important yes definately. All 64 of them are working, and I check them as often as time allows usually once a month or so
                  All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

if you dont connect them think of the restands, put an auto reverse on them

Comment

I now see the differance and will be going through my machines and maintain them better. now I know why I have so little oor's calls on "twister [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] " pins.
                      There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

My $0.02, of-spot are more important than GP.
                        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

let me know if you want my design of auto off spot
                          email me have made posts about it befor

Comment

Another good reason to keep them hooked up is the sudden pop-up of "flat gutter out-of-ranges". The kind where a pin standing in the flat gutter will cause an OOR. Many times when this happens the table is actually low enough when it is stopped by the OOR pin in the gutter and the scissors close, it will actually pick up standing pins on the pindeck. Here you want the machine to stop---not resume cycle allowing pins to be set on top of pins. (Very ugly scene there.)
                            "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Keep your OS switches working, as far as calls go, hey you clear an offspot, or you spot a pin in most cases. A call is a call.
                              Most league bowlers translate respot calls as the machine is screwing up.
                              Auto off spot relays can help eliminate "CALLS" for open play cause most will just throw the ball to see what happens when they hit the deadwood, or if it occurs duing league with no DW.
                              Leagues will call for the DW to be removed, now your fishing DW with the sweep up......danger.
                              If you drop the sweep to clear the DW, what's the point in having the auto off spot relay.

If your having too many OS calls then another problem exists, fix the problem.

GP switches, unless you have the old cast aluminum respot cell fingers, remove them and jump out the wires in the chassis, they were phased out with the 82-90's.

JI
                              Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
                              804-240-4982

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X