Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True or False

1. A sweep reverse switch can be used in place of a sweep run switch. T or F?

2. A sweep run switch can be used in place of a sweep reverse switch. T or F?

Wang

Re: True or False

true. or at least ive had dumb luck.

Comment

We use the identical switch (locally purchased) for both of them... it's all in the way it's wired. The switch is just a standard 15A 125V DPDT spring-return bat handle toggle.
      <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Should work either way as long as it is a DPST switch....
        I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

same switch different position.
          maister

Comment

Ooops, I MEANT DPDT... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
            I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

absolutely but i have noticed, i think i know why you asked this, i ran into a problem when i first started where i am at the sweep reverse doesn't work if this is the case check the sweep motor if it has a relay and not a centrifugal swith the relay is wired wrong and if this is the case the motor is good for table just not sweep
              When in doubt check at bowl-tech
              When people are around no cursing and throwing things

Comment

Last I checked, a sweep reverse switch is rated 10 amps and a sweep run switch s rated 3 amps. I've never tried putting one on the other so I dunno if it would work or not, but the switches themselves are definitely different.

Comment

Originally posted by BG:
                  Last I checked, a sweep reverse switch is rated 10 amps and a sweep run switch s rated 3 amps. I've never tried putting one on the other so I dunno if it would work or not, but the switches themselves are definitely different.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You are right about the stock part switches... SWSR is 10A because it's handling line voltage directly through it's contacts. 'Sweep Run' only handles 24V to pull in the contactor. I think that was just a cost-saving thing by AMF... the 3A switches are less $$$ than the heavier ones, especially when these machines were originally built. Nowadays, the cost of the switches is cheap enough to use the same one for both positions, and it's no problem to do so... you're just putting a heavier switch in place of the ligher-rated one. One less part number to keep track of is a good thing, too.
                  <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

same thing here, both are standard DPDT switches from RS components, they do the job fine!
                    Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

true at my old place both DPDT types

Comment

Look at the SR switch closely- some of them had brass connector bar crossing the outside terminals. The wires on a standard DPST (momentary) may not go on the same terminals.
                        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                        Working...
                        X