Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got one for you to ponder

i have a machine when i hit first ball button it goes to second ball i i turn off the table hit cycle and when the sweep comes to gaurd i hit first ball to bring it up and it doesnt move why is this
    When in doubt check at bowl-tech
    When people are around no cursing and throwing things

Re: got one for you to ponder

MJS, what are you trying to accomplish by doing this? Are you trying to respot pins? I am not understanding, mabye someone else does. More info please.

Comment

Maybe the machine doesn't understand either [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
      So it goes.

Comment

no i do it to either respot pins or create a strike if i need to check and see if the machine was having problems that night the sweep is supposed to sweep off the pins and return to gaurd and wait for table to move but because i have it off ot doesnt spot pis so if i hit first ball button the sweep comes back up to zero but on this lane it doesnt
        When in doubt check at bowl-tech
        When people are around no cursing and throwing things

Comment

OK.. I think I got it. You power off the T-switch to kill the table, index to second ball, and hit cycle. The sweep drops, pauses, then runs through and comes to guard (waiting for spotting)... which doesn't happen because the table is off.

Normally, if you index the machine in this condition, the sweep will run back to zero, leaving the table empty and the machine on first ball. This machine isn't doing that.

If that's right, I'd say first step is to check the OS switch and wiring... it can cause strange things to happen if it's malfunctioning. Second, check the camswitch settings and the switches themselves... if they are not showing the sweep and table in their correct relation to each other, the machine will not return the sweep to zero when you index it.

That being said, wouldn't it be easier to use "sweep run" to clear the deck, then cycle the machine on 1st ball if you need to get a strike cycle?

Even to respot or set up pins, it'd be easier to use sweep run to clear the deck, index to first ball, cycle, and kill sweep/table when the sweep hits the deck. Set up the pins you need, turn on S & T together, and let the machine respot and index to 2nd ball by itself.
          <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Originally posted by mjs:
            no i do it to either respot pins or create a strike if i need to check and see if the machine was having problems that night the sweep is supposed to sweep off the pins and return to gaurd and wait for table to move but because i have it off ot doesnt spot pis so if i hit first ball button the sweep comes back up to zero but on this lane it doesnt
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
            "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Replace the 2 transistors on the bottom L.H. corner of the 5 board. Thats what I normaly do to fix it. Could be other things.

Comment

Siwwy wabbit! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                So it goes.

Comment

i have found this before, are you still using the orignal 5 boards. i cant remember if it was the 1 or 3 board that i changed to fix this.

Comment

i may be a litle confused but the GMan143 has good points.
                    I would only add if you are pressing first ball stepper you do not need to turn table off as this puts machine in first or second ball. If you turn off table, then cycle is pushed, sweep comes down and if on first ball it should wait for table to run and if it is off, then it cannot.if it is on second ball then sweep somes down and is waiting after running through to spot pins.
                    maister

Comment

Maister, what he is doing is putting the machine in 2nd ball, turning off the table switch, and cycling the machine. The sweep will run through all the way to 2nd guard and usually if the table is off or the bin switch isn't satisfied and you hit the stepper/zero button, the sweep returns to the home position. MJS, not sure why this machine is not doing it, but maybe try it with out a pin in the #9 bin to see if it makes a difference. Not something I mess with too often though, just a thought.
                      Charley
                      82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
                      2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

Comment

Thanks FARLEY AMF 70/90XL not sure why he wants to do it , but thanks for your input.
                        maister

Comment

Originally posted by maister:
                          Thanks FARLEY AMF 70/90XL not sure why he wants to do it , but thanks for your input.
                          maister
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Im not sure either. I will bet some of mine dont do it either, I dont care.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                          Working...
                          X