Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pin deck repair

Have a few pindecks in the house which are in need of a little repair.
    The problem is that the outside board on these decks have started to come away from the rest of the deck. Totally seperating itself.

Is there a DIY way of doing this? Is it as easy as removing the black strip and replacing the board with a board of patching? Lane re-surfacer is due in a few weeks, is this a job for him to tackle?
    Any top tips or advice welcome please.
    Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Re: pin deck repair

I'd say let the resurfacer do it. You have to pull the gutter's to replace the outside boards.

He will do the job right.
    Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

I agree with Old School. But take a count of how many you need, and notify your resurfacer to make sure he has them with him. Some times they only carry a few. And if he needs to order them, he has time to bring his supplies up to what you need.
      It will probably change the price of your resurfacing also. As the price of the boards, and labor to remove and cut them down to the same depth and install them. And I'm not sure if they come pre-drilled for the cross clamping all-thread rods or not.
      I don't think there is any differance between left and right edge boards. But incase there is, I would have a count of each before calling the resurfacer.
      Depending on how many and the size of your center, he may need to bring another helper.
      Hope this helps.
      Marv
      77 E-250 4x4 van

Comment

Hi Alistair, ensure you tell the resurfacer before they come that they will have to do the edgelane boards on the pin deck.Old school is correct flat gutters come out and maple patch cut in to replace, they can be drilled and screwed and glued but they will need a side drill, so tell them in advance otherwise it will be just a glue and wedge job behind the flat gutter.
        maister

Comment

If you go to the trouble of removing the glat gutters, I would replace the edgeboards with the plastic ones.
          As they always loosten in the back, where the most abuse occurs, predrill and countersink a 2" lag bolt towards the back -careful to avoid the bolt.
          This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I still say let the resurfacer do it.

Common sense to call him and let him know what he's walking into.

There is nothing (EASY) about replacing the edge board.

Comment

Or , do what i do. Nothing. Eventually the edgeboard will wear completely off and you'll have a NEW edgeboard. The one right next to it.
              The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

LMAO

ya know Monkey, I hate to think we ever get together.

I can see us sitting in the same cell. Looking at each other & saying.
                (WE REALLY F_CKED UP THIS TIME)

Comment

That's right where the ABC inspection 'team' puts their gauge! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
                  This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted:
                    That's right where the ABC inspection 'team' puts their gauge! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LMAO
                    That's REALLY funny. Inspection team LMAO
                    That's the best JOKE I've heard on here for awhile. If there is such a thing, They must be blind. With some of the conditions being thrown down. No way they can read a tape.

Comment

no problems had to do a gazillion of these at one old centre, email me

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X