Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pins being cut up

I have one lane that all the pins have deep scatches around the necks... Can anyone give me any ideas of what could be causing this to happen? Any help is great!!!

Marc

Re: pins being cut up

I'd say the pins are getting stuck between the carpet some place. These AMF or mashers ??
    AMF
    look for pins spinning upside down between front roller and bounce plate.
    Or right behind the bounce plate.
    Only other place is around the ball exit.
    Look for any sharp edges around the ball exit
    Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

my first guess would be a sharp area in the bin, possibly grommet missing.
      possible flat gutter screw has worked its way back up
      nail in kickback or behind pindeck where only neck can get to

Comment

Bin is a good source for pin damage. I would also check the plows. If they are cracked and pins are rolling near the bottom of the pinwheel waiting to go up, they we be cut up as they spin.

Wang

Comment

I'd check for a sharp spot on the orientation pan if this scratching is on all the pins, I've had a couple of machines where someone tried to bend the o-pan ear and ended up cracking the weld pushing a peice of broken metal right where the pins swing around on orientation
          Who needs parts, I have duct tape and rubber bands.

Comment

I'll second the cracked plows and the pins rolling between the carpet and the tailplank... those are the most common spots for pin damage.

Sharp spots of the teeth in the wheel will mark up pins.

Also inside of the ball exit... the area is too low for the ball to get hit, but if the pins trap or roll in there, they dig.
            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Thanks guys... I found what it was... there was a sharp spot on the orientation pan... "Another problem solved by Bowltech!"

Marc

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X