Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franklin B.E. motor still leaking?

For the pesky gear boxes that refuse to stop leaking, we added this drain to the cap that is leaking. Route the drain to a catch basin (not the BE motor basin, an old flat sardine can will do) in the front of the motor. Measure the oil that drains and add that much oil to the gear box as needed.

The drain is made out of an old relay canister and the sheathing for 2-22 wire. We attached the basin to the cap with plumber's epoxy. It can be attached to both caps and on the front of the gear box for a leaking input shaft seal.

This sure beats using a well placed Kotex to soak up the oil as my friend used to do with his 30's combination motors. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

P.S. Which is more annoying a motor or a woman with 365/52 P.M.S. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] Don't tell me that these machines are not unlike women. The same guy that used the Kotex to soak up the oil also named his chassis after the bitching women in his morning leagues. His #1 chassis was named after his wife who BTW didn't bowl! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Franklin B.E. motor still leaking?

it would be better if they stopped them leaking in the first place.
    this would have saved you a lot of clever inventive work.
    but it was probably good fun making it anyway.
    well done.
    maister

Comment

Thanks Maister. Your right, it's a lot of fun making cheap and simple solutions to what otherwise might be an expensive fix from the maker of the product. Now days they just shelve their (your) problems, redesign and create more problems for someone to try and solve. Does anyone make anything that works anymore????? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

P.S. You new age companies need not reply. We have all seen your better ways! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

" Does anyone make anything that works anymore?????"

I agree whole heartedly on that one.

Pinspotters are like women. You shout at one of them and the rest of them fall out with you too!!
        Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Amf Offers a rebuild kit. I could get the Part number if anyone is intrested. So far it seems to be working. I believe it is around $ 70.00

Comment

What's the # Kevin? Is it the kit with the same seals that are already on the gearbox?
            Thanks
            Ken

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...
            Working...
            X