Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zot foul light prob.

I have a lane that cycles twice when the foul light is triggered. 82-70 with 90 xl upgrade. Zot foul lights. The left lane functions normally when a foul is triggered. The right lane immediately cycles when triggered then cycles again. This started this afternoon and did not have time to thoroughly dig into but I did swap chassis and front end box with other machines. Must be in the foul unit. Anyone ever see this kind of thing with zots before? I am wondering if it is unique to having the zot/90xl combo.

Re: zot foul light prob.

Have a look in your A&MC box to make sure no wires are touching together. Both cycle (10th frame from ball return) and foul wires come through there. Maybe in the underlane etc ... anywhere those wires may come into contact.

Ray [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]
    Ray Jordan
    Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
    Australia

Comment

Sounds like when the contact closure for the problem lane is activated, it's bridging together tenth frame wires instead of the foul circuit. Which is probably why it cycles again after the first cycle since this would correlate to the length the contact remains closed (While the little red foul indicator is lit) thus keeping the tenth frame circuit bridged. Make sense?

Double check wiring from foul light output and make sure it is the pair that terminates in the A&MC box (like rrev said) on the FOUL terminals...and of course that those FOUL wires go to the right place on your pinsetters.
      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

with the upgrade there is no a&mc box. the foul light wires terminate at a front end control box. This box has cycle buttons for both lanes as well as table and sweep run,prog.zero and a cont. cycle. Kat, What you are suggesting with the wires bridging does make sense as the cables are run together under lane from my power lifts to the control box. I will check the full run of cable in the morning. Maybe the cables have been getting pounded by balls. When these things were first converted I had a lane that would cycle on its own when a ball would run underground back to the lift and I found that one of the cables was run over the tube track from the foul line area to the lift. This was three years ago so I probably wont find it over the tack again but maybe a wire clamp has come loose and the cable has fallen somewhere.

Comment

sounds like it could be in the wiring to the foul units.Jots have their own power supply and the 82/90xl has 2 wires for each side of the foul light unit and if i remember correctly blue and black or blue and brown are the power supply from the xl chassis.
          maybe worth checking them out with another pair to see what is correct.a drop in voltage at the foul unit will only tell it to foul but in the new xl foul units the buzzer is ac and the drop in voltage causes it to cycle on the even lane.
          let us know if you find anything.
          thanks.
          maister

Comment

What kind of scoring, and what software version?
            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I have Bruns.as-80/90 with 9.0.1. It is not tied into the chassis. Just the j6 plug to the scanner that comes from mask to interface to scanner for scorring foul. I checked all cables and they are all fine. No breaks and are well out of any ball path. Plugs ok also. Funny thing is before I checked anything I tested foul light and it wouldnt do anything wrong. Works fine. So I moved unit to another pair and will wait and see what happens. It is sht like this that drives me crazy sometimes. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Try just unplugging the 4 conductor foul output to isolate it. That should help troubleshoot.

As you know, the pinspotter foul cycle (12 volts from the foul) will cause the machine to go through a foul, not a regular 1st ball cycle.

Compare the leads from the foul to the FE box to make sure the polarity is the same from lane to lane.

Where is the scoring getting it's foul input from? Brunswick scoring wants switch closure for a foul signal, not 12 VAC. Has ther been a relay added to convert the 12VAC to contact closure? Is there an AMF interface board on the curtain wall?
                This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X