Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

reset pin roller... no carpet flag tool.

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reset pin roller... no carpet flag tool.

I'm trying to reset my pin roller... I'm a newbee... I don't have the carpet flag tool, and I need to get this done... how can I reset the roller. HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Marc

Re: reset pin roller... no carpet flag tool.

Pin Roller???? i am not sure what you are describing. Is it the carpet Belt?

Peter
    Formally Sports Central

Comment

the front roller for the carpet... it popped out of the brackets... I'm having a hard time rotating the brackets back to get the roller set in. I'm sorry I can't help much more than that.

Marc

Comment

Start the bracket back with a pair of channel locks. Then put a pair of vise grips on the top part of the “C”. Pull back with vise grips until you can pin it back.

Triac

Comment

Pry it back with a crow bar and put a quarter inch bolt in the little hole in front of the roller.

Comment

Originally posted by garyo:
            Pry it back with a crow bar and put a quarter inch bolt in the little hole in front of the roller.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Please use channelocks......a prybar is dangerous.

Comment

ok... I got the pins in... and now I can't get the roller bar back into the brackets... it seems like I can't pull it forward enough, any ideas?

Marc

Comment

Channelocks are a godsend if ya don't have the flag handy. Sometimes the front rollers are tight to get in, I usually just get the bearings near the hinges and pop it in to the cups with a big long screwdriver or something along those lines, just get in behind the roller and pry so it goes forward and pops in.
                All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Drop the rear roller with the J hook, this will give you a little more room to work with.

It's up under the plow opposite the ball exit.
                  Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
                  804-240-4982

Comment

Originally posted by otto matic:
                    ok... I got the pins in... and now I can't get the roller bar back into the brackets... it seems like I can't pull it forward enough, any ideas?

Marc
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Make sure the carpet didn't get trapped under the guides at the rear... it makes it shorten up... also... reach under and make sure you don't have a pin stuck under the bounceplate... that causes excessive tension on the carpet, too.
                    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

I usually use a Cresent wrench to pull my front roller hinges back if a roller pops out never tried the channel locks.
                      They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

I have always used a Shifting Spanner, about 12 inch, but you seem to have a different name for the spanners to us. Maybe adjustable spanner would be a more apt name.

I find the adjustable spanner much safer than the Flag.

Ottomatic use a big screwdriver to pop the roller in on the opposite side to the ball exit, with the help of your knees.

Frank.
                        always doing my best.

Comment

Oh, I must add, Ottomatic if your still trying to get that roller in, than you certainly are persistant.lol.

Frank.
                          always doing my best.

Comment

Willey, I think anything is safer than those bloody flags!!!

I don't think my flag has been off the tool board in 10 years! Get them mole grips on it - I guess mole grips are called 'channel locks' in the US.
                            I'm Brian and so is my wife.......

http://www.badassbowling.com

Comment

I use two spring pullers on each side of the roller and lift, pull and drop it in the hatchets. This will save your fingers and a lot of good swear words for future use.
                              There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X