Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pins not picking up on respot

well you guessed it when it rain it pours in my neck of the woods. i have a machine that yesterday sarted to not pick up pins on the respot. i have follwed the book as closely as i can, i was wondering if anyone has any ideas.

i have adjusted all cells, respot rod, table height, and all adjustments there after (just because i was there & the pins were off-spot)

any help would be appreciated, thanx in advance Jeremy
    just feeling my way out like a blind man at an orgy.

Re: pins not picking up on respot

Did you check to see if one or both of the green springs broke for the respot lever on the front of the machine?

If thats fine and you say all adjustments are fine, start looking for binds in the wire ways. Possible bent pivot pins.

Mike
    Mike

Comment

three things to check.
      try turning the screw on the swan neck up to see if it locks cells shut.close cells by hand , it should be free and then at the end lock.
      check the hanger that is attached to the green springs mentioned by MCSS, if the hanger is worn or the bolt that goes thro it is worn , the cells do not close as far , as the cam follower does not push on the respot cam for long enough to close the cells fully.
      lastly try adjusting the pawl gap, or bat wing gap or chicken foot gap , whatever you may call it. make it as close as possible but still operate , that is opens and closes without jamming .As things get used they wear and sometimes you have to adjust things a little to make them work.
      Remember the book is only a guide to give you a starting point.
      good luck.
      maister

Comment

Had a similar problem. Turned out that respot lever cam follower seized up and cut into respot cam. Check for metal dust on pit light frame.
        If cam not cut too deeply just replace cam follower. Remove spring hanger, respot con rod and rightside pit light frame. This will give you enough room to get allen wrench and socket on cam follower and retaining nut. Remove grease jerk first.

Comment

Stahl's taught us to remove the bellcrank stop bolt and discard. re-adjust so the load is on the exsisting block and not on the carb links. Start with 7 pin cell as per manual.
          Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

did you think to check the front table post to see if it is bent

Comment

check the wireways are all straight, including the one that runs from 1-10 and drives the others, make sure all the boomerang pivots are nice and free (and not bent)

check every individual cell, make sure the pivot stud bolts are tight and none of the pivot studs are bent so that the respot cell yoke fouls the finger pivot stud.

make sure that when closed all the studs that drive the fingers stop a small distance away from the end of their slides and dont bottom out, just be as methodical as you can.

if you have a BRAND new machine installed to within a few microns of perfection, the ajustments in the manual MIGHT work, if your machines are a few years old then you will have to tailor the ajustments to each seperate machine.

if any of the above works please post that it worked, if it dosent work, give us a little more info and we'll all try a bit harder, keep yer chin up!
              Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

ok so here is some more specific info for the masses, fingers close to hold pins and lift them off the deck - when table is beginning to raise the "gose neck" backs off a little bit allowing the fingers to "un-lock" and not lift the pins.

thanx again for all your help everyone, Jeremy

Comment

Sounds like the grippers don't lock completely, check if all the imbus screws,under the table, are thightend. Then See if all yellow or white inserts are in it's place. from there on I would disconnect all grippers and try if your rack moves smooth, if not one of your corner pivot pins are bend. Then connect the 7 pin cell only and try if this works well, then connect the 4 cell and try.If this goes then connect the 2 cell and test. Then cell 1 and so on. Once the table doesn't pick the pins up you have found your problem gripper. (the one you have hooked up last)Change this cell and test again. Succes

Comment

MCSS and I agree where to start. I just did this this morning. Last night 23 was giving me fits. Would respot fine, then act up , blah blah. This morning, with a fresh head and a box of doughnuts (mmmm chocolate), i started fiddling again. Looked at spring hangars and green springs up front. Voila! The double spring setup was FUBAR. The bottom green spring actually snapped in two. Here's a good tip: If when adjusting cells, if they do not open and close under power pretty similarly to when you were working them by hand, check the spring hangar bolts and springs!! Also, that double green spring hangar is a rotten whore to get in flush sometimes. Good times.
                    The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

It is especially fun when using a spring puller to try to line up the spring hanger/pin and you've got the springs stretched out just about to line up with the hole in the respot arm and the spring puller slips off and you go flying. That has only happened ONCE to me.

Comment

springs are in good condition, the number 2 assembly was missing a bushing wich was allowing all things to go to piss, i have gone through every cell and had to re-adjust after number 2 replacement, picked up pins, set them back down, and now i am back to square one again.

i have tried all combonations of leaving cells disconnected, as soon as all are connected i run into the same problem, the fingers are not staying locked. it almost looks like fingers are un-locking just as the table begins to lift the pins off the deck. mot high enough for pins to wobble as they drop, just enough to see the fingers open enough to allow pins to pass through.

argh......

Comment

Sounds to me like a problem I was having and respot lever was either broken or the pin it attatches to was bent. These things can drive you nuts! until you find the culpret.

Unhook all calls and adjust individually starting with the seven pin.

Best of luck.
                          It is said that any problem on an 8270 can be fixed within 3 hours, some can take nearly 3 weeks to find though!

Comment

Heres another little tidbit to check. On the underside of the aluminum links that drive the rows of cells are the studs that the carbeurator links snap onto. Make sure those studs have the spacers on top of them; this keeps the underside of the alum link a good height above the cell. Ive noticed some mechanics here skipped the spacers and just screwed the post in. It works, technically, but the underside of the link will drag on the top of the RSC yoke and give you fits.
                            The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Do you have an adjustable link on the 7 pin? if not you need to check the adjusting linkage at the bell crank it needs to be set at 3 1/16"
                              Rich

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X