Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help quick ! BE motor

Haven't stopped in for a while..but..

I got a new Stator ..AO smith..(West.) 60Hz.

4 wires from the windings..RED,BLUE BLACK & YELLOW.....then 2 wires go to the CAP....

I'm using the Quality solid state switches.

I took an AO Smith off #1 that has ran for years to get the wiring pattern..when I put it back on #1..the motor runs with all the swithes turned off ! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

ANYWAY...DOES ANYONE have a GOOD diagram they can email me ??

THANKS !!!!!!!

decked@localnet.com
    I never had a "10" ;..but ,one night after closing,..I did five " 2's" !

Re: Need help quick ! BE motor

check your Chassis. BE relay

Comment

Yes, I would also suggest checking the BE relay in the chassis. It could not be a wiring fault in the stator because the power to run the motor comes through the plug and is only present when the chassis relay turns on. Therefore, it would have to be an external problem from the stator.

Louie
      Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

Sorry guys...you're not even close..

If I put the stator from #3 on #1..all is fine.

It's something in the wiring ( or SS) ..I'll figure it out...

BTW..I ALWAYS have power in the BE plug....even with the pit switch off..I get a short if I flop the plug around in the receptacle...it's been that way since they installed these machines in '92....I think these things might be switched thru the neutral..cause the hot side is hot even with the pit switch off...always have been & it baffles me.But everything runs great most of the time...

Comment

your russell stole plug might be wired wrong.Giving you power to the motor when switch is off.Also check for a grounding neutral in motor that would complete the circuit.

Comment

russel stole must be ok...other stators work fine...

Comment

Hot plus neutral switched somewhere(most likely RS plug).
              And a short to ground in/near the stator(near capicitor f.i.).
              Been there.
              Good luck.

Edit: Sorry JJP, you already said that, my bad..
              Look here too..
              So it goes.

Comment

CHECK ALL OF YOUR RUSSEL STOWE PLUGS. THAT IS DANGEROUS!!!!! LOOKING AT THE PLUG WITH GROUND ON TOP POWER SHOULD BE TO THE RIGHT AND NEUTRAL TO THE LEFT.

Comment

next time tell us everything.

Comment

Other stators are working fine because they don't have a grounding neutral.When you shut the B.E. switch off with other motors on this machine you are disconnecting the neutral not the hot.Find the short first before you fix your russel stole plug or the hot side will be grounding instead of the neutral.Poof!!!

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas,,but,,I got them going...just replaced the SS start switches!

So, yes..a bad ( Quality) SS start switch CAN make a motor not shut off.....

Comment

Here's some more 'interesting' facts:

If I have a BE motor running on the bench....put one hand on the stator & reach over & put my arm on a pinspotter..I get a tingle..not a good jolt..but a tingle.

In our utility room ,we have a washing machine to do our ball wipers & rags....IF I put one hand on the washing machine( running), reach over & grab the cold water pipe..I get a tingle there too !

Other people can't feel it in either case !!!!!

Might be me...might be the building/electric...beats me!! But,It's always been this way. The business is 47 years old,(same owner), & I've been here 30 years come July.
                        So,I guess if she shorts out & goes up in smoke..may she R.I.P. !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Check your RS plug anyway, this stays a dangerous machine.
                          So it goes.

Comment

If you're really interested, take your DMM and a set of probes... go poking around between the washer and the pipe... set it on 200VAC, then work down the AC scale. If you get nothing, try the DC side.

You should NEVER, repeat NEVER find any appreciable amount of voltage between a piece of machinery and ground (or a grounded object), or any appreciable voltage between the neutral and the ground wire anywhere in an electrical system. ANY voltage is a sign of a very dangerous wiring fault that could cost someone their life.

For example... that 'tingle' you get from the washer may just be a warning of an impending dangerous situation... right now, the paint on the unit may be insulating you enough from it that you're only getting 'leakage' current from it... touch bare metal one day, and you might find yourself knocked on your arse. Theoretically, the current produced by an 'AA' battery is enough to kill you if applied properly... keeping that in mind, by touching one object with one hand, and another with your other hand, you are creating a path for electricity to flow. The bad news: current is lazy... it finds the shortest path. Your heart lies along that path. See where this is going?

Take a walk out to your mains service entrance... somewhere near there will usually be one or more ground rods with wire attached to them and entering the building. In areas where moisture is high or the dirt is acidic, those rods can literally corrode away to nothing, leaving you with poor or nonexistent grounding to the earth busbar in the panel. If you're not comfortable working around voltage, I would suggest calling an electrician ASAP. If your grounds fail, it's possible for the ground bus wiring to become 'charged'... since there is no way for it to short to ground, it will not trip a breaker. If you get across wiring in this condition, it's possible to take a jolt of 220V, or even 440V, depending on what your mains wiring brings into the building. Nothing good comes of that... go do some very careful research or call in some experienced help to make sure your building's electrical system is safe.
                            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

do have your ground checked. worked in a center where the busbar wasnt grounded. hurt like hell when it got me.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X