Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dist or bin problem

I am having a problem on one lane. The dist feeds pins fine I have a new belt that is working Ok. The lane will stack at the #4 pin. The pin is put insideways every time on a double rack. I orrigionally thought the problem was the belt since I think it was orrigional and all.

I did some work on it last night and ran it continuously for 25 minutes and no problmes I thought I had it. Today for our school classes it was up to its old tricks again.

I am thinking that the problem occurrs when we have a double rack on the 4 pin. When I have a call there is almost always a pin sideways on the table at the #4 pin cup.

The bin rails are straight and the dist set the pins into the bin in line.

Where else can I look?

Thanks
    Pat

Re: Dist or bin problem

Originally posted by pat:
    I am having a problem on one lane. The dist feeds pins fine I have a new belt that is working Ok. The lane will stack at the #4 pin. The pin is put insideways every time on a double rack. I orrigionally thought the problem was the belt since I think it was orrigional and all.

I did some work on it last night and ran it continuously for 25 minutes and no problmes I thought I had it. Today for our school classes it was up to its old tricks again.

I am thinking that the problem occurrs when we have a double rack on the 4 pin. When I have a call there is almost always a pin sideways on the table at the #4 pin cup.

The bin rails are straight and the dist set the pins into the bin in line.

Where else can I look?

Thanks
    Pat
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pat,
    This is what we did. Take the top bolt out of the inside pinguide on the 4 slot. Loosen the bottom bolt and stand the PG up to about an 85% angle and tighten the bolt. One bolt will hold it. We also did this on the 6 side when they started stacking at the 6 pin.

Comment

Put plastic hose on the bin stringer......slit the hose down the middle and build up the stringer higher in problem spots.

Comment

Credit goes to masternut for this mod. Works wonders and solves those pesky 4 and 6 pin jams. Nut told me to drill the 2 holes out to 5/16" and then slot them. Again, thanks to masternut.

Wang

Comment

I run an original bin setup. Occasionaly a 2,3,4,or 6 pin will sit cocked, but will never cause a distributor jam or double shuttle. It is not written in stone that the dist has to line up with the 1 and 5 bin position when centering the dist. Try moving it left or right a bit and see if it helps your problem. Also make sure your dist is high enough so trip arms dont hit cocked pins in bins.

Comment

I think I got it. I did many things adjusted the shuttle, not a fix, adjusted the clutch, not a fix, put on a new u joint and drive housing and poof. I think all I did contributed but the drive housing had some strange ware.

Comment

tighten the saftey link spring with some strong zipties over 1/2 of it
              Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

Excellent bin modification.

Over time the support that the safety link spring attaches too becomes bent, pulling it in to the back of the machine, reducing tension. All you need to do is turn the support around and re-attach the spring thus gaining improved spring tension.
                Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X