Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Rob22 dist mod

Re: Interesting Rob22 dist mod

Did he secure it with the screw from the BE stator cover?

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
      Did he secure it with the screw from the BE stator cover?

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> LOL! Ever the observant one King.

Comment

Remove the pan below the belt and the mod is not necessary.

Tim
        HBOwner

Comment

LOL! Get out here King! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

HBO, I don't like removing the belt runners, I don't think it is good for the belt lacings in the long term. This is a little 'Twister' induced mod to make life easier!

If I'd have known there would of been photo's posted I'd have made sure the photo was on a pretty pinspotter!
          I'm Brian and so is my wife.......

http://www.badassbowling.com

Comment

if you have twisters, this mod is neccasary even with the belt guide removed because they come off the k-pan in a different place
            Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

Oh yes Jez! They certainly do! This mod works really well for me, did you do something similar?

Comment

Originally posted by jez:
                if you have twisters, this mod is neccasary even with the belt guide removed because they come off the k-pan in a different place
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My Twisters do not jam with the pan out.

Comment

Put traction tape on your pans and the pins will roll not slide on to the pans I've done it on the 32 machins here and will forever do it where I go. The only thing you have to do is clean the tape with a wire brush once a week.
                  They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Do you have Twisters lafarge? I never found it nessasary to make ANY mods to my orientator pans before we had Twisters. They ran just fine for 39 years without any mods on AMFLites.

I just couldn't get the Twisters to behave consistantly without this guide/dampener. I usually hate mods like this, I've always been of the opinion that some engineer far more intellegent than me decided the dist will work fine as it is, and I believed him, until the Twisters went in. I'm not sure if the CG of the pin is slightly different or if its purely down to the pin surface but without a little help I just couldnt get a consistent movement off the pinwheel.

I know from browsing on BT for sometime that we all have our own little tricks and gizmo's when it comes to Distributors and I'm pretty sure we all think ours is the best!! This is just my little offering!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have had the beasts and it to worked for them. The tape slows the pins entry in to the pan making the pin roll rather than slide. works wonders on all pins.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea.does the tape affect the surface of the pins? We all do are best to make things run better.And with the amount of oil we have to put on the lanes,Sometimes you just gotta throw the book out the window.

Comment

At first roughs up the pins and they get alittle dirty but that is what cleaning is for. This works great on new pins of any kind because they are very slick and like to slide rather than roll.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                          Working...
                          X