Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coasting of sweep motor

sweep goes to up position then it will coast back down.
    change chassis,change campasitors,change sweep relay,change motor head,check plug going to chassis,changed gearbox

still coasts any ideas out there
    Life's a Garden... DIG IT !

Re: coasting of sweep motor

Check your SA cam adjustment. Also check the SA micro switch as it is what stops the sweep at 0.

Comment

Watch the arm to see if it's slipping on the shaft. I've seen where they get worn around the shaft key. The arm will actually slip down.
      Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Did you try to change the gearbox?
        Sometimes the gearbox doesn't have enough oil, when the motor get's warm the motor gives this problem. Otherwise you can take one or two shims out from the right side cover of the gear box.

Comment

Did you try to change the gearbox?
          Sometimes the gearbox doesn't have enough oil, when the motor get's warm the motor gives this problem. Otherwise you can take one or two shims out from the right side cover of the gear box.

Comment

Check the plug connections at the motor.

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
            Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

You are running the sweep past 0.
              Adjust the cam for the gearbox to stop befor the sweep arm goes past the rod.

Comment

I’m not stating anything that hasn’t already been said…just confirming and trying to get a little more info.

When you changed the motor head, do you have a centrifugal mechanism (CM) or SSSS? If you’re running CM, it might be sticking.

Did you open up the motor plug? Could have a wire hanging on by a thread. Before you open it up make sure you have some new terminals because chances are the wire insulation will be brittle and you will need to re-strip back the cable assembly.

I would change all the socket pins in the C1 plug (machine side) 3rd row from the top. These are very difficult to inspect visually…to inspect them they should be done by inserting a pin in socket and using an ohm meter to test for resistance. Also test the motor plug sockets the same way to make sure a wire isn’t breaking inside the sheath…you might have to wiggle the cable when doing this test.

It’s possible that the gearbox is to loose to hold the sweep mechanically. Pop the head off and spin the rotor and see how the resistance feels. If you are running Nationals you will need an old rotor for this test.

If all else checks out good…Change all your sweep cam switches (although the SA would be the culprit) and readjust them and the cams. Make sure the sweep stops at mechanical zero (highest point).

Hope this helps some,
                Triac

Comment

Plug your table motor plug into the sweep motor. Run the sweep using TA1 switch and stop it at the zero position. If it still coasts your problem is in the motor. If it didnt coast I would probably change the sweep reverse switch. Good luck.

Comment

if you have a national motor, check the internal brakes. may be worn

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X