Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front roller problem

here is the low down:

Changed out a 3 month old "pumpkin" yesterday with another of these great inventions. Last night, the carpet would stop every time a ball was delivered and my poor "b"-man had to nurse it through a 24 team lg. Today, i changed the rear roller hoping for a fix when I noticed the tension on the front right roller weldment was very slack.
    I removed the pit,changed the spring, then put it all back together again. I fired her up and you guessed it, no tension on the roller! Being the "brainstormer" that I am, I pried the roller forward,drilled a 1/4 inch hole,and put a small bolt there to hold the roller forward so as to provide tension. Now I am not the person who will leave this so I need so H E L P!!
    Qualified to do anything with nothing!

Re: Front roller problem

that would be "some" help......

Comment

Have you tried traction tape on the rear roller? Sometimes you have to put traction tape on the r/roller when running the pumkin carpets

Comment

When you had the spring off. Did you take the bracket the roller rides in off ??

Did you check to see if it was binding or hanging up in any way ??

Rule of thumb.....when you have carpets out.
        Pull both brackets and clean them.Then grease them. Make sure they pivot easily.
        Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Anytime we change a carpet 2 things are always done reguardless of how they are. Dampeners are always changed on the bounce plate and the hinges are always removed, cleaned and lubricated. Just a standard thing for us when we do a pit
          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Originally posted by old-school-mechanic:
            When you had the spring off. Did you take the bracket the roller rides in off ??

Did you check to see if it was binding or hanging up in any way ??

Rule of thumb.....when you have carpets out.
            Pull both brackets and clean them.Then grease them. Make sure they pivot easily.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed! Except I use Anti-Seize instead of grease.

Comment

thanks for the responses

traction tape? like the friction tape used on aluminum ladders and such?...also,appreciate the input on removing and cleaning those troublesome roller brackets...that is always a priority when removing the pit..

Comment

Damn right. Pull both of those bastards off and clean/replace, whether you think they need it or not. Theyre so damn sexy when theyre new and lubed....grrrooowr.....mmm...pivots so nice, shiny...ahhh, yknow? Good luck.
                The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep:
                  Anytime we change a carpet 2 things are always done reguardless of how they are. Dampeners are always changed on the bounce plate and the hinges are always removed, cleaned and lubricated. Just a standard thing for us when we do a pit
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is the correct way to service a pit.....try the 3M traction tape.

Comment

make sure you didnt loose the rubber dampner in the roller support

Comment

Sounds like a bind in the front roller bracket.
                      If the bracket is bent or worn this can cause a problem.
                      Make sure that the front roller bracket isn't hitting off the machine pit support strap. This can cause a loss of tension as the bracket cannot swing freely. ( ooh er)
                      You may find that the pit brace is bolted on to the side of the machine incorrectly. Or the base of the roller bracket is catching on the L shape lip of the brace. On our machines the strap has two holes on it for securing to the machine, one on the L shape lip and the second a few inches along the strap. You may have to make an adjustment for this if it is catching.

Also perhaps the pumpkin carpet has become too tight. A tip I have heard of is to get a flame torch and torch the carpet. This will help strech the carpet. Havent yet tried this myself , but will be having several fire extingishers to hand just in case !!
                      Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

I have a few of these carpets at our center, two of them slip really bad. Someone told me to use traction tape. I'm going to give it a try. If that doesn't work, I will try these other suggestions.

Comment

Mat I saw your carpets and come to think of it those carpets might be to tight they had a habit of getting real stiff like they shrink. I thing we should boycot the pumpkin tans. Just my opinion.
                          They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Hey you two knuckleheads, the weather is 75 degrees today, I know your weather is warm too though; just thought I would rub in ours. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] :p

Take it easy!
                            Mike
                            Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Rep:
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is the correct way to service a pit.....try the 3M traction tape. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thank you King! *bows*

Your loyal servant,
                              Rep [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                              All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X