Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falling Pins...Please Help

We have 30 year old pin spotters and i think due to all the deck resurfacing we have done we are having problems with pins tipping over during spotting. Im wondering if anyone is having this same problem and what are the best ways to fix falling pins during spotting.
    Also, we have had some problems with pins falling through the bin during spotting. Is there any other major adjustment other than the shuttle rod ? Thanks ~jake
    Life's a Garden... DIG IT !

Re: Falling Pins...Please Help

Adjust the table to be square with the deck.....the deck is probably low in the back from sanding.....adjust the table tilt rods....then go through the spotting adjustments.

Comment

Given the years on re-surfacing, you may need to adjust your A & B frame sections to accomplish what you're looking for. Of course, you will need to adjust tables after doing this like Jerry says. With numerous cuts, you have to keep lowering your table to get the 5/16" above pindeck at spotting, but then you increase the gap between the table and shuttle when the table is at 355.

Yeah, there's Mickey Mouse ways of achieving the same result by flipping shuttle brackets and over extending swivel rods, but I think it's more trouble free to drop the frames and re-zero everything from there.
      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

You got alot of adjustment with the clevis and the levelling rods.

Comment

Many years ago I worked with field tech who said a-f never made anything within 1/4''. I have seen machines in bad shape.You know your good when you can make a 3-legged dog run like Gazelle.

Comment

you can lower the frontend assy and turn the clevis back in to elimnate the double shuttling problem double shuttling is caused by to much gap between the table and shuttles.by lowering the frontend assy and raising the table this is bringing the table closer to the shuttles..and then you will be able to achieve the spotting of a good solid rack providing you make the adjustments..
            DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

How does one go about lowering entire front end assy./main framework?

Comment

Originally posted by peapodd@mindspring.com:
                How does one go about lowering entire front end assy./main framework?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">After breaking loose the bolt holding front and back frames together, loosen jam nuts on jackscrews holding front-end frame to kickback unistruts. Turn jackscrews in required direction (in this case CCW) to obtain 35 3/16" between the bottom of the upper cross member on the side frame and the pindeck. Tighten jam nuts for jackscrews. Gap between front and backend should be about 3/8".
                After doing this you WILL need to re-adjust S &amp; T and possibly shuttle to table relationship.
                "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Originally posted by sparta lanes:
                  We have 30 year old pin spotters and i think due to all the deck resurfacing we have done we are having problems with pins tipping over during spotting. Im wondering if anyone is having this same problem and what are the best ways to fix falling pins during spotting.
                  Also, we have had some problems with pins falling through the bin during spotting. Is there any other major adjustment other than the shuttle rod ? Thanks ~jake
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Originally posted by ATB:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by sparta lanes:
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">best thing to do is to put shuttle straps on all except the one pin possition it stops shuttle twist and service your con rod to the shuttle and adjust shuttle stop bolt clean pin holders and cup liners with lane cleaner and set your tables up to 8.1/4 to incress toe-in

Comment

what about the respot cam on the table shaft? 30 yrs old might be a bit worn out?
                      Qualified to do anything with nothing!

Comment

You may want to check your Cushion Shock Absorbers, you may be experiencing balls rolling on the Front roller for a brief period, this can cause the pins to fall if the Table hits the ball.

Frank.
                        always doing my best.

Comment

you can level front ends to the lane as follows.
                          if they are 82/70 with alluminum tables then make a jig to fit under the stud on the kickback but long enough for the base to rest on the lane and cut the top corner out to fit under the table when at zero. make the length exactly 19 1/8" high which is the height you require from the pindeck to the bottom of the machine frame at the four stud points.adjust each stud point to achieve this 19 1/8" and lock off the studs.This is the correct height for an 82/70 aluminum table.
                          maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                          Working...
                          X