Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manufacture date of 82/70 pinspotters??

Hi guys,

still trying to get investor to help with new 24 lane center in Kansas,HINT HINT ??????? but here's my real question. I have a possible deal on 82/70 pbls, 1 bd. chassies overseas equipment. the supplier says the serials numbers are around 94PB-501146 and he states they were about the last of the 70's made before the 90's were manufactured. can any of you 82/70 experts tell me the manufactureing date or age of these pinsetters?
    Thanks guys

bowl on

Re: manufacture date of 82/70 pinspotters??

I wouldn't buy anything from over seas because they've probably been setting on the docks for a year and are probably all rusted up. I would chech with U.S. bowling for a competetive price and let them sell you somthing that has already been gone through.
    They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Do not buy anything from overseas....lafarge is correct.

Comment

thats right call us bowling they will give you a good buy on rebuilt 70`s..Toll Free 877-858-2695
        DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

depends where they have come from.a lot of machines are coming on the market from the far east and are 110v.if the price is right they may be ok.a good mechanic and make a silk purse from a pigs ear.condition of motors and chassis is the real important, expensive part.Korea is one of the areas they are available in.
          maister.

Comment

Wherever you get them, make sure they are all around the same serial number with the same type of chassis and motors and mechanicals.

Stay away from the mix-O-pinspotters deal, you'll have trouble.

Buy American !!!
            Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
            804-240-4982

Comment

<<<<<<<careful>>>>>>>
              The 82-90's with Franklin motors will have either a 50Hz or 60Hz solid state start switch. You may have problems with the SS not dropping out if you run a 50Hz on 60Hz.

NEVER MIND - saw that they are looking at 70's, not 90's.
              This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Call AMF tech support. Give them the serial # and they will let you know. We did and found out our machines were not as old as we thought.
                SGT
                U.S. Army/AVN
                Retired

Comment

Here is some history.

82/70 PINSPOTTERS

MODEL YEAR CHASSIS TYPE SERIAL NO. LIFT DESCRIPTION
                  70A 1962 5100 Electro Mechanical 90,001 12.2 RPM Kicker Roller 2 Stepper relays in chassis. Complexed pin distribution (electric) and roll over bin.
                  70B 1964 6460 Electro Mechanical 95,151 12.2 RPM Kicker Roller 1 stepper relay in chassis. Also called Z Machine redesign of shuttle, bin "Z" distribution (mechanical)
                  70C 1965 6700 S.S. Eleco 99,191 12.2 RPM Kicker Roller Elco is name of PC card edge connector (green color) first solid state chassis (5 circuit boards)
                  70C 1965 6700 S.S. Eleco 99,236 14.5 RPM Kicker Roller First hi speed combo motors.
                  70C 1966 6700 S.S. Eleco 101,696 14.5 RPM Kicker Roller First single spot solenoid
                  70C 1968 6700 S.S. Eleco 103,678 Kicker Roller Changed combo motors back to 12.2 RPM
                  70C23 1974 7750 S.S. C23 141.XXX Kicker Roller First C23 chassis (same as 6700 except has round black 37 pin) AMP Connector for mask.
                  70C23 1976 7750 S.S. C23 142,225 PBL First PBL. Note a PBL can be installed on any model AMF machine.
                  70 MP 1978 9800 MP 143,680 PBL First micro-processor chassis (one circuit board) - also has C23 connector.

Hope this is of some help.

John

John
                  804-240-4982

Comment

Originally posted by John Isbell:
                    Here is some history.

82/70 PINSPOTTERS

MODEL YEAR CHASSIS TYPE SERIAL NO. LIFT DESCRIPTION
                    70A 1962 5100 Electro Mechanical 90,001 12.2 RPM Kicker Roller 2 Stepper relays in chassis. Complexed pin distribution (electric) and roll over bin.
                    70B 1964 6460 Electro Mechanical 95,151 12.2 RPM Kicker Roller 1 stepper relay in chassis.

If the above machines were hooked to a SpareMaker computer, there would be an extra stepper- BP-- Ball Path .

John
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fixed. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                    There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

Ewen,

Thanks, for the addition.

I found this list in some old AMF records when we cleaned out the old training school room at the plant, I have boxes of this old stuff, including many original manuals, pictures, wiring diagrams.

John

John
                      804-240-4982

Comment

Sorry - I was away for a while on business - thanks for all the help guys
                        apprecitate it very much. I will check the serials agains the list you sent me..

Comment

Originally posted by bowl-on:
                          Sorry - I was away for a while on business - thanks for all the help guys
                          apprecitate it very much. I will check the serials agains the list you sent me..
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">BUYER BEWARE! We bought 22 machines from out of country and if you would like to hear a horror story give Ken a call at 504-367-2125. Don't fall for that serial # BS! They can and will put any set of serial #'s that they want to on the machines they sell you. They can also give you a new birth certificate, social security card, identity change or anything else you heart might desire! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

As far as oversears buying, it depends. Our A2s were Japanesse A2s and 25 years later their going stronger then ever. But on the other hand Rowllet Bowlerama got ripped off by some god awaul ruthless Chinesse Company. Then again, just about every center I saw in Korea, thei pinsetters were in much better shape than most american center. Hard decision to make I guess.
                            I RUN WITH SCISSORS!

Comment

The PB stands for "Pinspotter Bank", which was AMF's term for a collection of rebuilt pinspotters from any serial group. I do not know how the 6-digit sequence works, but the "94" probably stands for the year the machine was reworked. Although it originally could have been manufactured at any time, at the time of rebuilding it was updated with all the latest revisions of the time (MP, PBL, Steel Table Legs,Westinghouse/AOSmith Motors, etc.).

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X