Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90XL Upgrade

At the 32 lane center I recently started working at we are in the process of upgrading our 82-70s to the 90 XL version. A couple of questions. Has anybody out there had this upgrade done in your center and if so how would you rate your installation? Any serious bugs to work out when your installation guys leave for the day or weekend, and lastly, how do you like the way you control the pinsetter funtions from the chassis?
    And Happy Sunday to all!
    There! Try to NOT work now!

Re: 90XL Upgrade

How much for the old motors?

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">More Specifically; Westinghouse B.E. Motors :p
      If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

Originally posted by felix:
        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 82/70 king:
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">More Specifically; GE B.E. Motors :p </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fixed.

Comment

Anybody Know if there is a difference between a westinhouse and a ge?

Not so fast my friend<>
          If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

Felix, if someone came up to me and said " I will give you a choice, brand spanking new Westinghouse Backend motors or 2nd hand G.E.'s " I would take the G.E.'s every time.

Frank.
            always doing my best.

Comment

Originally posted by willey:
              Felix, if someone came up to me and said " I will give you a choice, brand spanking new Westinghouse Backend motors or 2nd hand G.E.'s " I would take the G.E.'s every time.

Frank.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'd take all the GE's I could get my hands on... then I'd sell 'em off and use the money to buy Nationals. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
              <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

I know the last guys I seen that did an upgrade took the old motors with them supposedly to get them out of cerculation so eventualy every one would have to update same with the chassis so if you want to get somthing out of those motors and chassis take them off before the installers get there or you'll be out some things to sell get my drift.
                They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Besides taking care of my 32 MP 70's, I've also been taking care of 36 90 XL's. Just this season I've had to send back 5 of the chassis, as of todays date, due to braking problems in the combo motors, mainly the sweep. Three of them happened to be the even machine. Right now I have a machine, even, running with a bad chassis (sweep brakes gone, and the table is starting to slowly drift backwards). Now I could put the good spare one in, but what happens if another goes bad? It takes roughly two weeks to get a rebuilt one from the factory. To keep the machine running I've twisted the cams and disabled the interlock switch, turn the switch lever all the way out. It just barely runs, but it does. I also put one in another machine and it lasted only 3 months. Make sure you get an extended warenty on those things. There are other things, like no way to shut off the table or sweep motor like on a 70. The only way to stop them is to shut off the breaker, and then the table coasts down. Or what do you do when that cheap breaker on the chassis decides to break and you can not get a part number for it, so you have to send the chassis back Richmond for repair or warenty. I'd sure like to try one of the Zot CTI chassis for a 90 and see how they hold up. Just my two cents worth, I'll take my 70's over those 90's any day.

AMF DOCTOR
                  The doctor makes house calls.
                  AMF DOCTOR
                  The doctor makes house calls.
                  http://s427.photobucket.com/home/AMFDOCTOR/index

Comment

Hey doc, I have one of them zot chassis. Never got it to work on my setup. P.J. gave it to me to try and they never asked for it back or called about it or anything. Your welcome to come and get it and try it out.

Comment

yes AMFDOCTOR the coasting is a chassis problem and a new chip should cure this.you did the only temporary fix available and you end up practically over riding the interlock to keep it running.still some work to be done here, although the new chips are helping.
                      maister

Comment

I cannot understand how a chip can relate to the solid state contactor not breaking the motor?
                        Fill me in maister......
                        Is this a mechanical break and the chip is not controlling the contactor at the right time?
                        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGMan143:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by willey:

Frank.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'd take all the GE's I could get my hands on... then I'd sell 'em off and use the money to buy Nationals. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nationals forever! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Why Would Anyone Want The Nationals; Unless They Already Have A Head Puller?

And I Think I Will Have To Tell Yuonce The Difference Between{G.E. and West.) Before I Go To Baton Rouge...Whoops,Timed Out//and I'm Outahere! Have Fun Boy's and Girls.. :p

Comment

yes Ted, this is in the chassis, as they have braking capacitors and they start to break down not stopping immediately.these are electric start and stop with a magnetic brake on top of the motor to help to stop the motor dead.I think it is something to do with the main chip that causes the problem.nobody says much about it.
                              maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X