Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1St ball AND strike cycle...?

We have a machine that will randomly, but frequently stick on 1st/2nd/strike cycles.... sometimes (most often) on strikes it will feel for pins, sweep deadwood away and mark strike, but first ball light stays on.... acts as though its waiting for pins.... press 1st ball stepper and cycle and it sweeps through and sets a full rack fine. Also sometimes this machine will STICK on one ball cycle.... as in.... Will set a new rack, and never switch over to first ball again, or will stay on first ball cycle even after respotting pins properly..... Also, once in a rare while this machine will show pindication while on first ball cycle....
    not sure if it was the previous frame's count or just random stuff???? Our chief mechanic and I are going crazy over this.... We've swapped out chassis, no burned/carboned pins.... We've checked sweep/table cams..... We've checked too many things to list.... has anybody seen this? Really need an answer asap!!!

Re: 1St ball AND strike cycle...?

You said that you checked cams, did you replace any micro-switches? With this kind of problem, I would replace the TA-2 & SA micros.

Comment

What kind of chassis? I've seen this happen with S/S chassis & an XOP board.
      I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Clutch is right. Change out your microswitches for table and sweep and your problems will go away. We just had the same thing happen two weeks ago. Turned out it was a bad TA-2 microswitch. Changed it out and have had no problems with it sense.

Wang

Comment

You could try changing the chassis with another good working lane to narrow down the suspected problem area.
          There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

That sounds a LOT like TA-3 and/or SC is acting up... those are some of the same symptoms you get when the machine dumps with 'sweep under table'.

I would definitely change all 6 front-end micro switches to be sure... all it takes is a little oil or dirt/oil buildup to get into the contacts on them, and they can do some weird stuff.
            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

clutch has hit the nail on the head. good job Mr.Plate
              They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Whatever ya do, DON'T use Unimax brand switches! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] Use them Gen-U-Wine microswitch types! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

usualy TA 2 causes this problem causes this problem but I would as suggested I above I would replace all table cam micro switches and if problem persist change sweep switches....if this doesnt correct check the wire ways for a fallen screw or something conductive to cause grounding the terminals.I have had that happen as well...
                  DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

I know it's pain, but changing one at a time will tell you which one casued the problem.
                    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Very true... but I rarely have time to pull the switch packs apart up to 6 times to find out just what switch caused it... they're cheap enough that if I'm going to change one, even if I KNOW it's the one that's not working, I'll replace all 6 and completely eliminate the possibility that another 'old' switch is going to fail anytime soon.

Either way works... just a matter of preference and time.
                      <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

If you have Omega-teks, they are quite sensitive to dodgy cam switches - especially SA and TA-2 (which in unison provide the ball/cycle change behaviour). It's not just because of the switch itself (being noisy/dirty), but because they are close together with respect to closing when the machine zeros (i.e when the table and sweep return to zero at the end of a cycle).

I'm certainly wouldn't disagree with the 10 or so posts before me, but I'm nevertheless curious what chassis/boards you have. In my own experience (and once again, I bow before the more experienced ppl that have posted before me), we have never had a cam switch problem whle using the Omega-teks. We certainly had a few problems after changing from 5 boards to OT, and had to replace some cam switches, but after that settling period, no probs since (and that was 7 years ago).

As Table Head said, I would definitely change the chassis before trying to attack the cam switches.

Andrew.

Comment

Is the GPS (gripper protection switch) on the machine,or has it been removed?
                          Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

gps switch will not cause this problem this is a issue with the TA 2 switch or the circuitry!!!!
                            DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

OK--I learned something new.
                              Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X