Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table Shaft

Is there any way to fix the key way on the table shaft for the table drive when it becomes worn. I was once told that when I put the key in to take a punch and hit the shaft around the key to pinch it in but, is there another way without changing the shaft.
    David Cliffe
    Asst. Mgr.
    Mechanic
    Youth Advisor
    Pro Shop Mgr.

Re: Table Shaft

There unfortunately arent any fixes that I know about to repair the worn keyway. For a temporary fix i have removed the key and beat on the shaft to mushroom the edges of the keyway, and replaced the key. But thats only temporary.

Comment

Fix it correctly or it will let loose on Saturday night when you are out to dinner.

Comment

King is correct; this thing will dump at the least opportune time.

I’ve repaired key housings on 30’s with liquid steel, but wouldn’t recommend it on a 70. This is where the table shaft usually breaks.

Chances are if the keyway is worn the splines are not far behind and the shaft is already under extra stress at this point.

Triac

Comment

Yup
          Replace it !! Little work doing it. But it'll save you alot of cussing down the road.
          Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Cut a shim from an aluminum can; you can add one to each side if you need it. Will lenghten the life of the shaft.

If the freeplay starts to show up again, it will compromise the keyway in the body of the table drive. So, as soon as it starts to show up again, get rid of it.
            Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Dave you are getting lazy!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Of course, make sure you inspect the shaft thoroughly for cracks or stress at the keyway.

Slide a key through the key slot on the table drive body to make sure that no damage is there.

Comment

Remove the shaft.Cut 3 new keyways then,OH HELL just put in a new shaft.

Comment

Bump for David

Comment

Luster King you for one no that I am not lazy because you know what I do each summer to my machines to get them ready for leagues each year. For those of you that don't I have 24 lanes and each summer I take 4 machines and shut them done. I remove pits, rollers, roller brackets, ball lifts,respot cells, table drives, and check all assemblies. I also check all chassis and plugs.
                      With all the mods and new ideas on this site I thought someone out there might have found a way to save the shaft. I guess only a few people on here can ask a question on here without being called lazy. I have 30 years in this business I know when to change a table shaft.
                      David Cliffe
                      Asst. Mgr.
                      Mechanic
                      Youth Advisor
                      Pro Shop Mgr.

Comment

David...

I've had the same problem. Went through tightening the TDA body many times before finally just replacing the shaft. Once the TDA starts slipping on the shaft there's no real way to stop it for very long.

If you decide to try saving the shaft, Mike's way is the best to deal with it, IMO. But you'd better have a spare on hand.
                        -- Larry

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                        Working...
                        X