Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor trouble

I have what seems to be Japan made AMF electric motor's. They have the mechanical centerfugal switches. The electric moter service that fixes these for me cant get these switches anywhere. Are there a kit for these that updated them to solid state ??

Even a old dog can bury a bone

Re: motor trouble

Looks Like A Yucky National..<>

Dutch
    Member # 417
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

Tag say's Matsu****a eletric at the bottom. What ever it is, I need to find a fix for these. Any and All help please !!

Also anyone have any working motor's that will replace these. I'm looking for a couple

Comment

Just Ordered A Stahl'S (B.E.)Head From Denny Cline....Call Stahl's

Dutch
        Member # 417
        If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

Lots Of Combos and No B.E.'s To Spare..

Dutch
          Member # 417

Comment

Most all my sweep &amp; table motors are these. I really hoped I wouldnt have to buy all new

Comment

I have these motors as well. I replaced all my mechanical switches with the Cybernetic Solutions combo switch's. p/n 610 309 044

For the back end motors use p/n 610 309 046

You can order them from AMF. They are easy to install and have not had any problems with them.

Mike
              Mike

Comment

Matsu****a don't make these any more I to have had these nasty little thing ans the only option for these is the electronic start switch. Use stalhl there the bomb.
                They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

The last house I worked were nationals. We converted them all to potential relays, Grainger 6X550. IMO these motors are the best ever made. The BE's run very cool if they have the air baffle in them like the combo's have. Also IMO, no reason to change out the centrifugal mechcanism in the BE,s because they are a very simple design and easy to repair and last a very long time and I'm sure parts are available. I don't know for sure, but I would bet Ed Fox might know.
                  Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

Old School:

Combo Motors
                    Switch: 785 502 190
                    Mech: 785 502 191
                    Klixon: 785 502 005

BE Motors
                    Switch: 785 502 192
                    Mech: 785 502 193
                    Klixon: 785 502 080

Or, if you prefer to go the Solid State route, 610 309 042 will work in both applications, or the other switches MCSS listed. I don't know about the potential relays, but if Brunsamf says they're good, they're OK by me!

Any distributor should be able to provide all of these for you.

Matsu****a is the brand on the motors, but they also market products under the names Panasonic and National, hence they are commonly referred to as "National" motors.

While we're on the topic, the most important thing to me about these motors is the output shaft! It is imperative that when you remove the field, you pull STRAIGHT so as not to bend or break the shaft. Stahl's has a nifty little tool for this.

The shaft and key, as well as the bore and broach in the worm shaft should get cleaned very well and a film of gearbox oil applied to all before reassembly. This prevents them from rusting together while running and you'll be glad you did it next time you have to pull the field!

Good Luck,
                    Chad

Comment

My opinion…the Nationals are the best motor out there. I prefer the Lewus SSSS available from AMF (and also…I believe Vantage) part # 610-309-042.

They are very easy to install and work on both National Combos and BE motors. The SSSS will replace the centrifugal mechanism and switch and are much more reliable and cost effective in the long run.

I prefer The Lewus over the Quality SSSS. Because, if the Quality SSSS is installed on the sweep, wiring modifications need to be done in the wireway to make the sweep reverse.

Triac

Comment

I too love the Nationals over any other out there. They run smooth and cool. Gearboxes hardly ever leak.

Except for Cybernetioc Solutions I have just about every SSSS in my center. I like the motor start relay for the wireway. Easy change if it goes out or starts coasting.

Mike
                        Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

The majority of our switches are the lewus (orange) style. But tried the Cybernetic solutions and like them better. Even though you have to do some wiring changes in the wire way.

The lewus switchs can be a pain to adjust at times.

Mike
                          Mike

Comment

I also have all Nationals and absolutely love them. There are a lot of different SSSS's out there. I use Quality's switches with great sucess. I know people with Westinghouse motors and the Quality's dont work well.

Comment

Clutch Plate, I had Westinghouse motors and the motor did'nt work well,lol.

Frank.
                              always doing my best.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X