Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intruder Alert!

Sensors indicate Brunswick mechanic detected.

Assuming I wanted to learn to work on AMF machines, (which after reading some of these posts I am starting to have second thoughts about) who has the best school?

Re: Intruder Alert!

I went to AMF in Shelby. But dont think the school is there anymore. I thought it was impressive. Stahl's has a really nice School. But the one I went to was more a refresher or upper level class. More for those who have some knowledge of how AMF machines work. If all else fail’s. Come on up to Carroll, Iowa. I’ll show you how to work on them. Nothing better then on the job training.
    Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Sparrow:
      Sensors indicate Brunswick mechanic detected.

Assuming I wanted to learn to work on AMF machines, (which after reading some of these posts I am starting to have second thoughts about) who has the best school?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would suggest John Isbell's school through AMF.
      I know alot of people who went thru it and said nothing but great things about it. John, himself, is a very knowledgeable guy on both AMF &amp; Brunswick pinsetters.
      Besides, it takes a good Brunswick mechanic to be an AMF mechanic. :p
      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Besides, it takes a good Brunswick mechanic to be an AMF mechanic. :p
        [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
        Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

I became a much better mechanic working on A2's for 2 years.

JK

Comment

I hate working on Brunswicks's, it seemed like I was always standing on my head or some other unpleasant position while working on them.

Comment

I dunno if working on Bruswick machinery makes you a better AMF mechanic... It definitely will make you appreciate AMF equipment a lot more, though. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
              <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

John Isbell would be great, has "on lane" time as well as book work.
                Peanut

Comment

After you work on Brunswicks for a few years, you think why did'nt I stay in the last 70 center I worked in. You realy appreciate how easy the 70's are to work on, but so bloody flimsy, those damn Distributers.

We can run for months without Turret problems or Deck jams or Cross Conveyor problems on a Brunswick machine, but I could'nt get better than 9 Distributer calls a week.

Frank.
                  always doing my best.

Comment

I have never worked on a Brunswick machine. But by the sounds of it, I would absolutely love it! All those cogs and gears and whoorly-gigs! I'd sit/stand there for hours watching the action (I love learning about mechanisms). I can imagine how Brunnies can accord some very good learning.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck with boring 70s that just prod along with the odd (read often) PPU.

I have no idea which is better (and don't want to add to the brewing flame war that is occuring in this thread ;-).

In fact, I can't even help with the OP's question since I'm Aussie and we haven't had a training school for years (and certainly not while I was in the industry - on-the-job training is all I got).

;-)
                    Andrew.

Comment

I went through the Stahls seventys Schools and they have a class for beginners that is real good. It was nice because they did the class in my center and they bacicaly trained my pichasers While I did all the pms and maintenace on my machines. now my pinchasers have a better time trouble shooting the minor problems we have.
                      They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

It is for some reason ever so hard for a Brunswick mechanic to understand AMF equipment but you put a AMF mechanic in a Brunswick house and they pick it up in a heartbeat. I have experienced this 1st hand I was a full time AMF mechanic and worked part time at night for extra cash in a bruns A-2 house and was Head Mechanic in that A-2 house in a year but Iam now back on 82-70`s I just hired a A-2 mechanic from downtown and he still hasnt got the hang of things...
                        DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew:
                          I have never worked on a Brunswick machine. But by the sounds of it, I would absolutely love it! All those cogs and gears and whoorly-gigs! I'd sit/stand there for hours watching the action (I love learning about mechanisms).
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just make sure you have a good medical plan..... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously... having split my 28+ years between the two, there are good and bad in both of them. The real key is having all the equipment you need to work on one handy.
                          -- Larry

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I think I'll contact John and see when he has a seminar that I can attend. Gotta keep learning - can't let the mind go stagnant. After that I may just take Old School up on that invite!

Comment

Andrew; Brunswick's are fun to work on if your tall and thin like I am. Adjusting the interlock system is fun and you can walk on the light bar in front of the machine. The downside is the seven foot high catwalk in back and you can't see much unless your on top. The detectors rarely give you any trouble like a chassis will. It is a true "Rube Goldberg" type machine IMO.
                              Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X