Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pit Carpet Belts

I remember that a few years back that I read or saw some where that some company was making pit carpet belts that you could link together like you do the distributor belts. This was so if you had a carpet belt go bad during a league or tournament, you could put this in to get you through the night or day or whatever. Does anyone have any idea if such a belt is still being made and if so, who would have them??
    To The World You May Be One Person,but To One Person You Might Be The World.

Re: Pit Carpet Belts

Threading the little pin through the links is somewhat fun on a dizzy.

Geesh! Imagine threading that pin through a metre-wide carpet belt!! I'd probably change-out the pit faster!

He He He.

But I do like the idea of a carpet belt that you change so fast. The worst thing that happens for us is a side tear on the carpet that results in pins diving headfirst into the gap between the front roller and the bounceplate. Doesn't happen that often with the belts we use now, but when it used to happen we would just put up with it for the night shift and replace it in the morning. Sometimes, we would nail a strip of carpet belt to the flat gutter to cover the hole that the pins fell into. Though I think that was a dodgy hack that we should not have done. Oh well, don't need to do it anymore with these fantastic new carpets AMF is sending us.

I remember once a carpet folded in on itself - it didn't tear, it just wrapped over on itself (anyone else had that?) - PITA to fix. Had to chock back the roller to get it unfolded. Have no idea how it happened either.

Anyway, back on topic... I can't quite imagine how you'd get a carpet belt with metal lacings like the dizzy belt.

Perhaps it could be a velcro strip? Wouldn't last long - just a few hours.

Thinking out loud as usual...
    Andrew.

Comment

We have had one in one of our machines for one evening.
      Lacing it together took 30 minutes, falling apart a few hours!
      Just forget it!
      So it goes.

Comment

I believe the manufacturer took it off the market because the steel lacings were digging into the bowling balls. Was a good idea though.

Comment

Maybe some company should develop one that has a zipper, then conceal the zipper with some sort of flap.

Comment

hey now i like that idea Klixon
            Qualified to do anything with nothing!

Comment

I know of a house who installed 2 of these months ago and they are still running strong. We have them made locally.
              Very good for quick fix but only time will tell if they hold long enough.

bpm

Comment

From a management standpoint I don't care for the idea. I can see people just replacing the carpet and not checking or repairing anything else. I have yet to just replace a carpet and not find any other area that needs attention.

Comment

Funny thing is I was having this conversation the other day with one of my techs. We had one of these belts many years ago ( 1992 ?). As with Lampies it didn't last the shift.

But every time a rep comes in from a belt manufacturer I always tell the, make a carpet belt that has some form of joint in and your on the road to riches.

One actually had an excellent idea of using both a pin, and a velcro strip which covers the pin, while also assisting keeping the carpet belt tight. I appreciate not everyone will agree, but it's the ultiate time saver.

Can you imagine the benfits of having a belt like this. Anyway we never saw this rep again. End of story

Comment

chuck I think that carpet to which you are referring might have had a zipper. I know I have had one of these wonders.
                    They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X