Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table Drive Blues

Has anyone ever had this happen to them??

2 weeks ago i had to change the table drive because the latch on the table drive didnt want to release on spotting causing it to do a short run. so, after swapping out drives, everything was working fine. 1 week later (to the day), my night mechanic was telling me that during respot, the table would pick the pins up but on the way back down, it would get about halfway down and then just drop like a rock. the table would sit on the tops of the pins for about a second and then finish its travel home. So i go take a look,
    everything appears to be fine. roll pins tight, no slop in the drive its self ran it a few times and it did it twice to me but i couldnt see the cause of it.

over the weekend, my other night guy tells me that the table is falling when it goes to pick the pins up! so we ended up swapping out drives again! so far i havent had any problems with the drive.

what am i missing?
    Why walk when you can ride!
    It aint over till the lights go out!
    Work smarter, not harder!

Re: Table Drive Blues

1st bad drive.....the bolt is too tight not allowing the eccentric to slip.

2nd bad one check the spring on the spot solonoid....sounds like it is allowing the flag to drop and engage the long stroke on the eccentric.

Comment

thats something i've been meaning to ask/post

exactly how tight should the table drive be?
      when turning it by hand, spins freely, kinda tight, or hard to turn?

Comment

Originally posted by NightRanger:
        thats something i've been meaning to ask/post

exactly how tight should the table drive be?
        when turning it by hand, spins freely, kinda tight, or hard to turn?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kinda tight.

Comment

Thanks King, as soon as the lane becomes available, i'm going to check out the solenoid spring

Comment

i agree with king. although, dont overlook that little spring on the back of the eccentric latch. if that spring is missing, it can cause some hairy things as well. just my 2 cents.
            Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

Nightranger

If you drive is the newer type with the belleville washer and bolt for the eccenteric (coned type spring washer) tighten the bolt intil the washer is flat, but don't over tighten, the washer provideds the preload for the tapered roller bearings in the drive.

Too loose and the eccentric wobbles, too tight and it binds, either way table drive bearing failure will happen.

Next is the TD latch cross shaft and roll pins, grab the release lever and ball stud lever and torque them against each other and check for slop, those 5 cent roll pins fail and cause lots of headaches, bear in mind that assembly was made with two types of pins 3/32" and 1/8", if the roll pins are cracked and loose they will let the latch spring in the back will fly away.

There are two types of latch springs also.

Hope this helps.

John
              Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
              804-240-4982

Comment

Sounds like 2 seprate faults. Could be anything from table cable being loose to problem in chassis. Might check your linkage holding up the lever for the full rack. Make sure you have good clearance.
                (The following would be my guess)
                Check your bolt that hold's your shuttle cam out. If it's ran out to far. It wont allow your latch to fully open or close.
                Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

heres what i found.

King, the small spring that attaches from the solenoid assy to the latch assy was broke causing it to unlatch the table drive THANKS!

Bent Wrench, the spring is there and it has good tension. thanks

John (HI!) The bolt for the eccentric drive was just loose enough to bind the drive but not make it wobble and there was no slop in the TD latch or roll pins (i'm sending one of my guys your way in june). Thanks

Old School, the stop bolt for the shuttle assy is sitting right where it should be (but i WILL remember to check these in the future)

As always, thanks to everyone for the advice...usually its the small details that tend to slip thru the cracks!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X