X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing aux pcb

can someone please tell me the pros and cons of removing it and how

Re: removing aux pcb

Pros = It won't cause you any problems, Cons = you will loose the redundant ball memory circuit (no big deal). If you have Omega-Teks, you don't need it - cut it outta there.
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Oh yea, best to cut the wires where they go into the motherboard, remove the board & deep six it! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Remove them, as wb8yjf says, at the motherboard.
        Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
        804-240-4982

Comment

As wb8yjf said, if you have Omega-Teks, then the Aux board serves no purpose.

If you have 5-boards and you remove it, then you will lose the timer memory meaning the machine may not complete its cycle if stopped mid-cycle in particular positions, though this is rare since the machine has to be stopped in exactly the right spot. This timer memory causes problems when it fails (false cycling, interlocks). In other words, it's more harm than good.

You won't lose the "ball memory" (1st/2nd ball)since that is in the 3-board.

Regards,
          Andrew.

Comment

we removed one to see what would happen and every cycle all we got was interlock. still running the 5 boards.

Comment

Yea... some chassis need the Aux board with the 5-boards... others seem to run OK without it. We had a similar problem with ours. When we were first converting to Omega-Teks, we had a mixture of 5-board chassis and OT chassis. Certain machines could NOT have the 5-boards put back in if there was a problem... they just didn't play nice with the missing AUX-pcb. There was probably some minor wiring change done at AMF with the 82/70 chassis... who knows...

Honestly, 8270kiwi.... if there's any way possible to talk the management into converting to Omegaboards, go for it... it will save you countless hours of troubleshooting/repair work, as well as reduce your chassis problems by like 1000%. It doesn't have to be done all at once...even if they just buy one board a month or every two months, it's well worth it.

The cost of the boards is VERY low compared to the benefits they give you... I'd be comfortable saying that each board will pay for itself in a short amount of time just in labor hours for chassis/board repairs.
              <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Yea, Kiwi! GO FOR IT! You WON'T be disappointed!

Comment

In the 3 years I've been at my center, we have omegateks, out of 50 lanes I can only remember having a problem with 2 boards, 1-no strike cycle, 2-no 2nd ball light. Other than that they work so well it's like you don't even know they are there. I've worked at a center with the original 5-boards, troubleshooting those is an adventure I would not wish upon anyone! You should definitley get them. They will make you happier and make your bowlers happier.

Comment

You can replace the OmegaT. ball light triacs with ones from radio shack. They're labeled on the heat sink.
                    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...
                    Working...
                    X