Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yet again... humpies

i work in a smaller house.. 20 lanes, and have humpys in all of my 10 lifts. i personally have NEVER had a problem with this particular system with the reduction pulley and rudder shock. BUT!!! with the lifelong light ball clutch, which i have installed 2 of them to try,i can see that the innovation is there, but far from perfected. i put the old style drive pully back on and it seems to work a little better, but over all the belt sheave for both units are too thin and when you get 2 heavy balls fight one another in the doors, the belt just slips... they need to manufacture it to use a wider-deeper belt for a sucessful upgrade. JMHO
    Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Re: yet again... humpies

That and when a pin is blocking the ball and the inner hub comes around and drives out the pin, the total travel is reduced and sometimes can't push it all the way out. And if you increase total travel it hits the sides of the machines and bangs around from the hub turning. Good concept but I'd like to see some improvments.
    Charley
    82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
    2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

Comment

agreed

Comment

and I thought it was only me.

Comment

Glad I only have one so far. It works , but it can be painful to watch at times.
          The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

I have two lifts that the ball door belts keep slipin' off. I finally got sick of it and bent the pully to make it wider for the belt to run in. No problems yet. I just took a flat blade screwdriver and stuck it in the middle and bent it outwards.
            There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

I'm working on somthing with retractible ball doors to eliminate the paddle all together. I'll keep you guys posted on how well it works.
              They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

I made a mod to give extra spring tension. It's quite simple and works real sweet. Belts wont slip with this. I'll take my new digital camera & snap a couple photo's.
                Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

it is probably the same thing I did I drilled a hole in the connecting link on the tensioner and got the rod that goes to the new style tensioner and connected with a spring to the frame of the machine between the control boxes!! I had that problem on a pair of lanes did this and stopped that slipping problem
                  DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

Lifelong has something you can buy for slipping also. Hopefully they will get the belt manufacturing issue fixed.
                    Charley
                    82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
                    2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

Comment

old school, what i do is place an "s" hook over the lift lower yoke shaft and open up the one end of one of the old springs from the long gong pbl's and hooking it to the belt tensioner. the only problem i have is belts tend to wear a bit prematurely. but i have one pair that no matter what, it wants to slip. i really think something is wrong with the device itself, but havent found it yet.

Comment

make sure ya backend motor isnt leaking oil on the belt and causing it to slip I had this problem one time with a pair of lanes!!!!!
                        DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

Sorry it took so long. Server went down last night. KLH I'm sure there are 100's of mod's for this. Mine is a simple L shaped piece of steel.

Comment

You can see where the spring was rubbing against the shaft. When I had it hooked to the frame body. This is slipped between the tension spring & body.

Comment

neat little mod old school.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X