Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot relay problem

Tonight one of my machines went on a fritz. The spot solenoid would not engage all the way. It would buzz pull in about half way then fully engage. It was slow enough not to allow the spotting hook to latch.

I tried changing the spot relay, that didn't help. Tried different working chassis, didn't help. Adjusted the table so it stopped at 355 degrees instead of 0, didn't help.

I am thinking it's the solenoid. Is there a way to test these?

This is on an 82/70 with SS chassis with omega teks. This particular machine had the dual solenoid setup but since then had the AMF single solenoid conversion.

Thanks for any help.
    Mike
    Mike

Re: Spot relay problem

things to check... make sure shuttle stop bolt has not loosened and pulled out to the point that it is dragging on the stop block... check the whole spring mechanism (in my opinoin one of the worst designed deals with these machines) on the shuttle operator and make sure everything there is kosher. the solenoid is a mechanisim that rarely fails, not saying it cant. i would think that if the solenoid is pulling in, although slow, its working, but binding.
    Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

I would agree with Bent wrench, sometime the bushine on the shaft right next to the stop block eggs out and can cause a problem too.

A table that stops too late, past 355 degrees, will also cause this.
      Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
      804-240-4982

Comment

Originally posted by MCSS:
        I am thinking it's the solenoid. Is there a way to test these?

Thanks for any help.
        Mike
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Make a test cord and hook the 120V directly to the solenoid, bypassing any pinsetter wiring. This will tell you if it is the solenoid or a mechanical bind after the solenoid.
        Check the following for mechanical binds:

-None of the links are broken
        -Solenoid plunger is vertical, not out of alignment.

If the solenoid acts up only when connected to pinsetter wiring, check the CB on the backend control box. This is infamous for casuing spot solenoid problems since it's wired into that circuit. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
        "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

check out the shuttle linkage
          I have had the bushings inside this go bad.
          there are brass bushings in there and if they crack they will bind up the linkage.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
          Working...
          X