Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C90 woes

Ok.
    Lane 3/4 C90 keep stopping during play for no reason. All wires have been checked and rechecked.
    All I have to do is clear the jam in the c90. Apply power, nothing happens, then I tap the c90 control box with my cutters and it springs into life ! Although some times is stutters before starting.

What's confusing me is something is causing the power to stop while it's running.

Re: C90 woes

Sounds like a bad relay. If the contacts are burnt, they may bounce apart after an impact and not reseat properly until persuasion is applied.

Comment

Found it. Connector block on controld board useless.

Comment

Hmmmm Does your c90 Have the Control Board on the side of the ball lift if so And you have some of the screws that hold the boerd to the frame sre loose it can be loosing a ground found that out the hard way. We kept sending boards back we thought were defective but were found to be Ok at the factory. One day I had one that quit and just taped the board and it came on . then I kinda pulled the board away from the box and it quit again. Well come to find out three of the screws on the baord were grounding screws who knew.
        They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

There was a mod for this which entailed moving the control box from the main lift to the rear cover. This was because the vibration was causing , as you say, the terminal strip to break from the board. This was more prevalent in Europe where some sites used very stiff cable which did not flex and the vibration was felt directly at the board.
          glad you found the problem.
          maister

Comment

The control box is half way up on the front. The first check of the wires was done during starlight bowl, with a torch. Second time I made them turn approach lights back on, so I could see what I was doing. Mich to the MGR's disatisfaction.

Oh, I just passed 200 posts :-))

Comment

Originally posted by maister:
              There was a mod for this which entailed moving the control box from the main lift to the rear cover. This was because the vibration was causing , as you say, the terminal strip to break from the board. This was more prevalent in Europe where some sites used very stiff cable which did not flex and the vibration was felt directly at the board.
              glad you found the problem.
              maister
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This mod was also issued to those centers with Options powerlifts. When our Options lifts were installed we had numerous board failures. After AMF had replaced about 30 or so under warranty, they decided to send us the mod kit no charge (cheaper for them in the long run). At first, they told me I should purchase them....WAIT! I'm not going through any added expense to compensate for your design flaws. The new mod works well in keeping the board safe, but makes it very difficult to get to. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]
              "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...
              Working...
              X