Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• table height and gripper closure

today I discovered something new..
    lifted table up 1 turn because pins touched cups in respot.
    Knew grippers on this lane do not totally close. After table height adjustment, grippers fully close.
    Is this beacause the pins have a smaller diameter in this position?

Re: table height and gripper closure

Hey partnumber, don't go crazy and go across the house making this adjustment.

Your table height should be no less then 5/16 off of the pindeck at BDC (bottom dead center). This is when you use your clevis adjustment.

If the cups are hitting the pins check your table height first. If the table height is good at BDC then you should go through all of your table adjustments to check the yoke adjustment.
    Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

It's probably because raising or lowering the table changes the geometry of the spot/respot rods... by shortening the 'throw' of the table, you have effectively lengthened the respot rod a bit.
      <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Respotting height and home height is controlled by where you set the table for spotting height. You cannot adjust them independantly.

The most important thing is your machine front end is the proper height off the pindeck, this is 18 7/8" to 19" from the pindeck to the bottom of the machine frame, the pindeck must be level first.

If this is correct, and your table height at BDC spotting is 5/16" + 1/8"-0, you should be OK with the height at BDC respot, if cups are still hitting pins, check the adjustment of the toe bolt on the 7 pin front yoke leg.

Hope this helps!

John
        Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
        804-240-4982

Comment

I agree with above, if cups hit tops of pins on respot, try moving table back and then re-doing yoke adjustments. You will then have to move pins forward to spot correctly and by doing so, they lie flatter when coming down to pick up pins and do not hit the tops.
          the height John Isbell mentions is 19 1/8" for 82/70 or 82/90 with aluminium tables and original frames. If the pinspotters are 82/90 with steel tables they usually have the new thinner frames and the height is as he says 18 7/8" -19" max.
          maister

Comment

If have to raise or lower your table you always want to check you spot and respot rod adjustemts..Feliz Dia

Comment

John I am confused I thought in class you and the work book said 18-3/4" to 19" from pindeck to frame for 82/70 with aluminium table. I was just getting ready to lower a 19" machine to 18-3/4" to stop occasional double shuttle. Will I be wasting my time?
              Well we're safe for now. Thank God we're in a Bowling Center.

Comment

Hi new guy (Jere?)

All machines are slightly different, going from 19" to 18-3/4" probably won't make much difference on a double shuttle problem, drop the back of your shuttle a little more than the guage height, see what that does for you.

18 3/4" to 19" was the specifacation used for many years and in many AMF install manuals, we have since found through many synthetic lane installs and machine repositioning jobs that 19" is pretty much the sweet spot for all machines +/- 1/8".

Remember, the class and workbook is always evolving.

Give ma a call, I'll be in Florida next week.

John

John
                804-240-4982

Comment

Thanks John you are correct I am Jere.The GM position now has evolved to me being the only mechanic with connections to some pros in Ft. Lauderdale, who I get used parts and lane refinshing, that will answer questions when I need help.I already lowered one machine to help for spotting but it did not work as well as planned.
                  I am going to check the scribe line next....(should have checked it first)
                  I'll call you next week.
                  Thanks the class has made it possible for me to keep it all together, just got to keep learning.
                  Well we're safe for now. Thank God we're in a Bowling Center.

Comment

Jere,

If you want to attend the spotting session again when I am at Clearwater in August, you are welcome to attend.

Students are always welcome to come back for some refreshers.

John

John
                    804-240-4982

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X